Chapter Nineteen - A Date

A/N: this chapter is a good chapter.

Sherlock

Sherlock chuckled.

"What?" John asked.

"Oh, I don't know," Sherlock breathed. "John. I didn't expect you to call." That was such a lie; all day, he'd been sitting by the phone in bated anticipation.

"Really? It's not even 7:30. Your mum said you'd been talking about me."

"Sally Donovan visited. She had a slip of tongue. Said we were dating."

"We are."

"Right now," Sherlock said.

"Yeah. We're on a date." John seemed complacent.

"Is your sister crying?"

"She is. Quite loudly, too; she's upstairs, in this mammoth of a household, sobbing hysterically. My dad said that if she didn't know anyone was home, she would stop. I'm attempting to be quiet."

"Attempting?"

"Right now I feel like screaming."

"Why?"

"Because of you," John said. "You're speaking to me."

Sherlock slowly made his way to his queen sized bed, laying down gently; he didn't want to make John feel self-conscious about his economic status. That sounded strange. Would a bed make someone feel self-conscious? Sherlock lay down.

"I enjoy speaking to you."

"I'd agree."

"What time is your dad coming home?"

"Oh, I haven't any idea. They said they were going to a motel in Camden, which is fairly far away from this hellhole. Plus, they need time to, y'know, fuck."

"To fuck." Sherlock was disbelieving.

"God, Sherlock, yes."

 Sherlock laughed again.

"What?"

"I don't know, John," he repeated. "It feels like you're breathing in my damn ear."

"I always breathe in your ear," John said, and Sherlock lay back onto the pillows, bouncing slightly.

"But... this is different."

"How?"

"It's more intimate."

John paused. "Hmm. Guess what."

"What."

"Guess."

"You're wearing the color blue."

"No."

"You told me to guess. I didn't tell you anything I knew."

"Tell me something you know."

"You like me," Sherlock said. "Though, I'm not sure why."

"Because I do. Because... you're bloody... bloody..."

"I'm not bloody, John. I take a shower every morning."

John laughed. Sherlock's eyes furrowed.

"Anyway. Sherlock. I'm not going to say anything I could say on the bus, okay, or anything we could say in English."

"Did you hear about Horace?"

"No, what?"

Sherlock said, "Nothing," and then, "continue."

"Okay. Things we can't say on the bus?"