Chapter 2

Hey people! Here's Chapter 2!

I was so happy a few days ago, when I came online and saw that NLYG was on Adventure #321! But now I'm off the list, hopefully I'll go back on when I update more often!

Right now there're a lot of exams, and I've been sick, so bear with me!

I'll update weekly, and try to update more than once a week!

VOMMENT! :)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

CHAPTER 2:

"What?"

That made no sense to me at all. Post-traumatic amnesia? What the fuck is that? From what little I know from my classes at school, it probably was something critical. Why the hell didn't I take the first aid course last month? I could have saved Alana...

"Um... I think you should sit down before I tell you anymore," Zara said quietly, "It's quite serious."

No shit, Sherlock. She was in the emergency room for 8 fucking hours. How much more serious can it get?

I sighed impatiently, and flopped down on a nearby bench, immediately tapping my feet on the ground frustratingly. "Enlighten me."

She took a deep breath, and sat down on the opposite bench. "You know the recent movie called The Vow? The one with Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum?" She asked uncertainly.

I racked my brain, trying to think. Oh! It was that chick flick that Alana dragged me to watch on the first day of screening. Apparently it was a great movie, but I wouldn't know as I spent the whole time making out with her at the back of the theater. Like horny teenagers, I know, but I always feel like that with Alana.

"Um, yeah, but I can't really remember anything about it." I said hesitantly. If I told people I watched a chick flick, the guys would tease me forever. I knew I was pussy whipped, but I still needed to keep my ego.

She cocked an eyebrow, smirking slightly. Shit, I bet Alana told her. "You know the female lead, Paige?" I nodded, gradually taking it in. "Well, Alana's current condition is kind of similar to hers. They both have had a severe memory loss, and can only remember memories from a while back. So it could be memories from last week, or memories from 10 years ago. She probably won't remember anything from today or yesterday."

I slowly digested that piece of new information. Does that mean she wouldn't remember all our happy memories? Does that mean she would have no idea what happened? Does that mean she won't remember me at all? I didn't know what to think, so I said the only thing on my mind.

"Can I see her?"

Zara shifted on her toes, looking uneasy. "I'm not so sure, there's a lot she doesn't remember. I still need to check up on her and give her full report to family members before other visitors can be allowed." She gave me a worried look before adding, "Sorry, hospital regulations. And we need to give her a peaceful environment to recover." She turned to a nearby nurse. "Hanna, get the reports for Alana Collins," she said pointing to Alana's room.

"Sure, Zara," Hanna, the nurse, gave me a pitying look before turning on her heels. At least she didn't try to check me out or make a move on me.

I glared angrily at Zara, seething. What the hell? I'm much more than just a family member; I'm the love of her life, her soul mate, her everything. "Zara, I don't care if the details are not available to me yet, or the fact that you're my girlfriend's best friend. But if you don't tell me her full report this instant, I will not hesitate to burn your Nicholas Sparks book collection."

She gasped. "No! I spent ages trying to find those! They're limited edition! Fine-" Then she backtracked. "Tom, no! You're killing me here! These are hospital regulations, I could get fired!"

Just as I about to retort back, I heard my angel's voice.

"Tommy?"

Without a moment's hesitation, I burst into her room. What I saw nearly killed me. Alana's head was bandaged all over, covering her hair and ears. I could make out the huge lump on top of her head where she had hit the ground. But what caught my eye was her appearance. Her normally sparkling orbs were brimmed with unshed tears. And that sight made me want to cry. She looked so vulnerable, so weak, like a deer caught in headlights.

I closed the distance between us, and gently kissed the side of her cheek, not wanting to hurt her. Color flooded her face, and I couldn't help but think how cute she looked.

"Hey, best friend. Where's James?"

My head snapped up so fast it cricked. Best friend? James? As in, ex-boyfriend James West? Is she talking about that same jerk she dumped on this exact day, 5 years ago? I didn't know any other James. I clenched my jaw tightly. I could feel my face get crimson red in anger and frustration. I could have sworn that white steam came out of my nostrils. "James?" I growled.

"My boyfriend, Tom. James West. Seriously? We've been dating for the past 5 months. You've met him as well. You're my best friend, shouldn't you remember that? Did you have a memory loss?" If I wasn't so angry, I would have laughed at the irony of the situation. She paused, clearly thinking. "What am I doing here anyways? I swear, we were in his bedroom just now."

Boyfriend? No, she wouldn't do that to me. This is a stupid prank. I turned to Zara, who was standing uncertainly in the doorway. Helpful as always. "Alana, this isn't funny. Is this a joke? Ha ha, not funny babe," I smirked at Alana's confused face, "Turns out you're not as good an actress you thought you were, so skip the act."

Zara cleared her throat uncomfortably. "Tom, it's not an act. Remember what I told you outside? About her post-traumatic amnesia?" She then proceeded towards Alana, "Tell us today's date."

"November 4th." Alana replied immediately. I smiled to myself. Her amnesia can't be that serious if she can remember today's date.

"What year?" Zara pressed anxiously.

Her face scrunched up as she thought. A few moments stretched into minutes. Come on Alana, think!

"2007."

My mouth dropped in shock. My head started spinning. My knees feel weak. My vision started going in slow motion.

But most important of all, my heart shattered into a million pieces.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Yeah, I casted Demi Lovato and Alex Bechet (from Demi's 'Give your heart a break' music video, LOVE IT) as Alana and Tom <3

Check out the music video on the sidebar! SO GOOD!

>>> Love the pic of Tom (Alex Bechet)

ALEX BECHET IS SO HOT

VOMMENT? :)

love you all xxx