Good morning mahal ko (my love)

My eyes struggle to open as it finds the sun's rays hitting my face with sweat glistening.

The light streams from the behind the not so golden curtains hanging on two nails mounted on the window right above our heads. It's adjacent to the computer's monitor which I think we forgot to turn off. We probably slept on the movie we watched last night. He calls watching movies "Film literacy."

It's morning..

Looking to the opposite side of the bed, I found him sleeping calmly trying to surround himself with towels to cover up the brightness enveloping the room.

He looks peaceful. It seems like he's dreaming.

I lay my eyes on the features of his face, tracing its curves with my hand delicately touching his skin. I take my time to appreciate God's artful masterpiece.

Waking up to him every morning is one of the things I'm truly thankful for. For me it's a start of a beautiful day unfolding before my eyes.

He sligthly moved.

I drift away from my thoughts immediately removing my hand from his face.

"Good morning mahal ko." He softly murmurs moving his body a bit closer to mine aiming for a kiss.

He kisses me sweetly, I hug in response. "Good morning mahal ko. Huggin'." When I say huggin' it means I want him to hug me. I want to be wrapped in his arms and feel I belong to him.

I turn myself back on him for him to hug me from behind. Hugs from behind, the best hug ever. I think people call this spooning. Maybe later we'll be forking. Haha! My thoughts are way off early in the morning!

He presses his body harder to mine feeling his morning stiffness.

I feel something building up inside me. Why. Can. I. Not. Resist. You.

I think he's smiling.. I am too. My grin looks like I'm up to something.

And I bet..

He's up to something too.