Three

It's raining outside the dome. Rain is thundering, pounding against the glass. But it is dry inside.

The sky is angry because it's dry inside. The sky wants to wet the Complex and everything inside. But it has the dome to deal with, so therefore it is angry.

"Wouldn't it be easier if the sky sends thunder on the complex?" I wonder aloud. Elle sits beside me at the window, staring up at the dome.

"No, the sky can't send thunder on the dome because it is under strict regulations from the sun to only use rain." She says. A boy nearby rolls his eyes.

"You do realise that thunder is the sound? Lightning is the thing that does the damage. You should know that of all people Electra."

She frowns at him. "How do you know my name?"

He gestures to me and smirks. "She has been calling you it. But why Electra?"

She shrugs. "It's better than Buttercup."

He nods. "Very true." He looks at me and smiles, his teeth showing. He has the look of a 7 year old like Elle and I, however he feels like older. "Who are you?" he asks me.

I puff out my chest and pretend to look like an adult. "My name is Maedana."

At that very moment, the teacher calls me. "Jemima, Ms Rathe asked me to remind you to hand your assignment in to her after break."

The boy smirks. "Jemima? That's your name?"

I frown. "I go by Mae."

He looks over me and smiles. "Ok. In that case, you can call me Sorrel."

"What's your real name?" I ask.

"Gordon."

"Sorrel's better." I state and he smiles, and leans in close to us.

"Hey, have you heard about the Silents?" He whispers. We look at each other and then back at him in excitement.

"No. What are the Silents?" He grins at us.

"They are hacking the system. They plan on leaving the complex, but every time the Complex goes after them, they can't find them."

"Then how do you know about them?" I ask questioningly.

He laughs. "I know them."

Our eyes widen. "What?"

He grins. "yep, I know them. I get to escape with them."

We look at him in awe.

"I can hook you up if you want. You want to escape?"

We nod intensely.

"Meet me back by the door up to the main complex at midnight tonight. And don't be late, they don't like late people."

We nod, excited.

As the boy leaves, Elle looks at me with her shining eyes.

"Freedom." She whispers.

-*-*-

I make it to training the next morning early. A few of the trainers are already there, but Glore hasn't arrived yet.

Calix is there, and he grins at me when I walk in, but I avoid his gaze. Yesterday was kind of blurry after the kiss. I remember going back to the dorms, and Calix being confronted by a guard, and forced to stop 'escorting me home'.

I remember slightly the brief conversation when I came home to my roommate Reese, and she drilled in on me how I shouldn't get involved with the newbies. I had just shook her off and she hadn't pushed it. She knew not to mess with the F.