Just Partners?

"This is all over. We must figure everything out. We must be together in this and we have to find the medicine." Megan tried to sound as strict as she could and his silence shook her confidence a bit. She inhaled the strong smell of coffee that filled the air.

He was sitting still in front of his laptop. She suddenly felt sick because of how cool he was and how many times she talks to him while he is frozen in front of his laptop. She hated how he generaly treats her and she doesn't care if that's how he treats everbody else. Being different matters to her, it defines her, specially when it comes to him. She shook her head violently in attempt to scatter all these thoughts in the air.

"You, Issac, you better answer me now." She groaned raising her index finger at him.

"Who do you think you are?" He asked casually as if he was wondering how many spoons of sugar she likes in her tea.

She just laughed at how carefree he was, she didn't even know wether he heard her correctly or not in the first place.

"Are you saint?" She wanted to shout but she was afraid that she would make a scene in the café.

"I don't know." He turned to face her and on seeing her reaction he shrugged as if to confirm his answer.

"Look!" Her tone was enough to show that she has just given up on him."I just need this damn medicine, alright? And you are going to help me. Am I making myself clear?" She shouted under her breath.

"Don't mess with the big boys."

"I can't see any." With this, she got enough money out of her bag, slammed them on the table and left. She didn't want him to pay for her drink.

                      ***********

"Why did you let her go like that?" Isaac looked at the young man in front of him. He never liked his hard look. The man seemed to have dark features, dark hair, brown eyes, tanned skin. He never thought of him as attractive nor ugly. He wishes he knew the man in the mirror and understood him more than that. He examined his sore eyes carefully and touched his pale face. He knew he lost so many pounds lately.

He couldn't believe the mirror when he saw a tear dropping down on his slim face. Why did he get himself into such troubles? Why does he want to fix all of this alone? Till when will he keep pushing all the helping hands?

"Megan." Her name slipped out of his lips simply just like that. He can already see it blown away like the smoke of his cigarettes. She was the first helping hand that crossed his mind.

He tried his best to make her irrelevant to him but he wasn't really sure if he managed to do it.

                   ******************