(2) Watty Awards: Charice and the Mystical Daughters of Oprah

Chapter Two: Hide!

Holding the hands of her best friend while running through the corridors, Charice saw the anxious expression etched in Justin Bieber's face. She could feel the worry he's carrying, and she also knew that Justin felt the same way for her. They were both heightened by the previous event.

"Where should we go?" Charice asked Justin, still both on then run.

"I don't know!" Justin didn't know what to answer for he thinks that there would be no way that they could hide from the situation. "I just don't know." He repeated on a rough voice.

Charice and Justin was one of the early comers in Cadiz High that time of the day. They were assigned by their class adviser the day before, as a group, to prepare the room clean before the arrival of their classmates.

Some of the students were beginning to panic; some were confused what was happening, why were the other students alarmed; and some were in blankness, still unaware brought by the morning stupor. And as the idea passed from students to students, they began to justify the thought when they heard screams from the ground floor.

They also started to panic. No one inside the premises left untroubled.

Students rushed through the corridors to get to the exits but they couldn't pass on them. All of the passages to the exits were blocked by the menacing figures on black clothes. Using their repellent bodies, they procured a rampart barrier to prohibit students from escaping.

They were trapped! They had nothing else to do!

They tried to fight against the black-clothed men by walloping them by chairs and sticks, to defend themselves, yet the black-clothed men kept on approaching them without even hurt.

Students screamed when they witnessed their fellow students being seized by the strangers. They tried to take them back, but they were too late. Students, after they were draped by the silver cloth on the face, turn into a thick mist then disappear.

"Charice, we have to go the other way." Justin said.

They turned around away from where the strangers were assembling. When they got through the end of the corridor, the door of the principal's office on the left side opened. Principal Angelina Jolie came out with a disturbed expression.

"What's happening here?" She looked at the two students. "Are both of you responsible for this commotion?"

"Ma'am, there are monsters inside the school and they're catching students!" Charice blurted her burden. "They're killing them, Ma'am." She was not sure what actually happened to the others, all she knew that the students turned into a mist, and that fact was her basis to say that they were killed.

Angelina Jolie gave a skeptical look. "Monsters, is it. Huh?"

"Ma'am, please believe us! Really, there are monsters!" Justin Bieber said matter-of-factly. "We're not joking around."

"The both of you calm down." Angelina Jolie ordered. "Tell me all about what you've seen."

But there was no time for explanation. Before Charice and Justin could illustrate to the principal the features of the monster they've just seen and what they were up to, three of the menacing figures popped in the other side of the corridor. They were grumbling incomprehensively.

"Muertos" Angelina muttered, spotting the monsters. She faced the two frightened students then shoved them into the office. "Hurry! Hurry!"

Inside the office, after they locked up the door, the two students and the principal faced each other. "Ma'am, do you know what are they?" Curious, Charice asked Angelina.

Bang, bang, bang. The monsters started banging the door.

"I'll explain later. " Angelina said, moving to the back of the office's desk. "Charice, Justin, move those chairs to the sides" she commanded. Exerting a great effort, Angelina pushed the huge desk to the door to obstruct the monster from coming in. She turned again to the students, grabbed their hands then dragged them in front of an old-looking cabinet. "Get in."

Obediently, Charice and Justin slipped into the narrow compartment of the cabinet. It looked like a wardrobe because there were hanged clothes and a pile of shoeboxes on the sides.

"Listen." Angelina started off orienting the students. "Do not come out of this cabinet if I don't tell you so. Understand? And don't make any noise." She looked at them sternly. "Don't worry, I'll be right back."

"But Ma'am, those monsters aren't easy to fight." Charice informed, looking worried. "They couldn't get hurt."

Angelina pacifying the two, said. "I know, just don't worry."

She closed the double doors of the cabinet then stood in front of it for couple of seconds, muttering unintelligible words. "Priori Armario." She repeated it three times.

Charice and Justin could hear her but doesn't understand what she was saying. Suddenly, after she spoke, a glow from the outside came through the gap of the doors.

+++++++++++++++

A/N: LOL...okay , so that was the end of the second chapter.

Sorry if it was really short.

And I'm feeling nervous for your comments. *shuddering*

So please comment and vote!

And if you wanted to support me, do not hesitate to become my fan! Thanks! ^_^

>>> jeruelc