Chapter 4 - It's O.K Not To Think

A/N: O.K, I'm sorry for the April Fools chapter. Here's the real one. This chapter is not beta-ed because my beta reader wouldn't respond, that little hippo.

Chapter Four

A crystal glass with a crisp liquid, almost turtle green in colour, was set on the bar in front of him. The older blond raised one fine brow at it, his nose picking up a distinct scent of apple laced with vodka and something faintly sour.

An appletini, he noted; it was the drink that he'd usually ask for, but... He looked up quizzically at the bartender.

''I didn't ask for one this time.''

''This one's from the young man six stools down,'' The bartender said with amusement.

He didn't even bother to look in the direction where the supposed 'young man' was sitting at. The blond shrugged, brought the glass to lips and drank the appletini in two gos. He just wasn't interested.

He had come to Club Majesty to dance and drink away his issues; to forget about love, loyalty, lust and anything and everything else in between. Along with his work. He had just survived a stressing week and wasn't looking forward to anymore for the rest of the night. He was here to drown away the cumbersome demons in his heart, those of which constantly pestered him, whispering and reminding him of his solitude and loneliness.

Especially thoughts of 'him'.

That was why he was here in the first place. He wasn't in the mood to answer to some random moron who found him good looking enough for a quick shag.

Additionally, the song playing in the background wasn't helping him in feeling better at all.

'Who the hell plays songs like this in a night club?' He thought.

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight

Lead me out on the moonlit floor

Lift your open hand

Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance

Silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me...

He really wished that the song would just end already.

''Hey there! What's up?''

The blond twitched in his shoulders and mentally sighed, glaring at the now empty glass in front of him when a voice came up beside him. He didn't answer, much less spare a glance at the random stranger.

After a few awkward seconds when the blond still refused to answer, the man, or kid - better said, tried again. ''Mind if I keep you company?''

The older man gave a small laugh at that. ''This isn't a gay bar, kid.''

''N-not like that!'' He said quickly, ''Don't get me wrong, I meant it as a drinking buddy. The people that I'm with sorta just went on their own way, so do you mind if I sit here?''

He didn't answer, but Ivan sat down anyway. He looked on with admiration at the vast amount of empty glasses in front of the blond man, then brought his gaze to him.

'Guy must be serious in getting drunk off his ass', he thought. He noticed that the man looked tired in more ways than one.

''Rough day?'' He asked, trying to start up a conversation.

''Mm.'' Still, he wasn't even looking at him. Normally it wouldn't have bothered Ivan by much, since he was used to the snobby and sophisticated types of women in his university. But curiosity got the better of him, he really wanted to catch at least a glimpse of the man's face.