1st WING

Hi guys! I hope you'll like my first story on Wattpad. I am still an amateur in writing stories so please help me become a great author like you guys. I accept comments and suggestions. Enjoy!

I opened the subdued curtains in my room as the glistening rays of the morning sun hit me and my bed which created an aura of good vibes.

The sound of the birds outside the windows perked me up. I stretched my body enough for my bones to create a sound that indicates I am ready for a new day.

"Well, here goes another day. I smiled as I held my family picture in my shaky hands adjusting its grip on the frame."

"I missed you guys"

I am now walking down the street near to my new school I’m going to attend. I entered the school's large gates with mixed feelings. Should I run? Are these decisions really suited this situation? I need to be confident.

For the first time I am going to a decent school. By the way, the name's chaste. Chaste fields.

While walking towards the room where the directory board near the gate said, I got bumped by hasty and scurrying students running and taking quick glimpse on their watches. I got bumped by 4--no--6-- 10 maybe?

I wonder why are they running?

It's still 7:55 am----wait! That is why they're running. I think I'm going to run too. I am so dead!

It's exactly 7:59 when I have arrived in my homeroom which is also the exact time the school bell rang. I try to hide my panting but it was too obvious to hide. I really hate running. It drains my energy and I always feel dizzy after. I had no choice but to sit at the rear side of the classroom's chairs to conceal my continuous panting. I noticed some of my classmates were gossiping about something.

"Oh, my gosh. We are so fabulously"

The girl with the curl hair said while sharpening her gel-colored nails. 

"Uhuh. You're so right Whitney! We've gotten mostly the best students and not to mention the hot guys!!!!! The girl with a nail polish squeaked while dabbing it to her nails with great care.

Can these girls really be serious?! I mean, seriously, how can they say that such things without lowering their voices.

As you can see, while they've been talking, they didn't sensed our teacher coming and the guys looking at them.

Oh, how embarrassing. They blushed and quickly hid their beauty equipments on the deck and acted like nothing happened. This girls sure got thick makeup’s on their faces. So thick they can't even feel the embarrassment poking their rose pink cheeks.

It was getting dark when I got home because I have on the piles of paperwork my teacher gave me this morning. I've arrived at my house as the dark sky was filled by sparkling little gems.

"A pleasant evening young sir. Mr. Arnold wants to speak with you." 

I headed to the room where my guardian Arnold is. He acted as my parents after they died ten years ago.

"How's your new school?" he said while walking towards me.

"It was fine uncle. So what are you going to tell me, eh?"

"The war has started". He said.

The air was suddenly filled by tension. The cooling ambiance suddenly shifted into a pure coldness you can feel when you're going outside your house naked during winter. 

“The holy grail war had just begun.”

"You should be careful by now even though you've gotten the ace of cards."

He replied as he fetched a key from his pocket and handed it to me.

"You are going to be alone for now.”

"I understand,” I answered.

"Don't worry. Celia's going to visit you every day. She'll take care of your needs. Please understand the circumstances son. We couldn't let these innocent people getting involved in this slaughter."

He said as he tightens the tie on his neck.

"Well, I'll be going then."

My daughter will come to you starting tomorrow, okay? Uncle Arnold said while opening the doorknob.

"Oh, by the way, son, good luck."

Could I really win this showdown of skills? Should I run? No, it's too late for that. I should face and use this to achieve my desire. My desire to gain freedom and avenge my family!

woooh!!!! chapter 1 finished!! credits to @AgeofVampires for editing my story!! I owe you a lot!! I am going to change the cover so please suggest if it is better of worst than the previous! Don't forget to vote and comment!