Chapter 1: Dear Diary...

Loreli's POV*

Dear Diary,

My name is Loreli, I am 19 years old. I live with my mother and my little brother. I am abused daily by my mother, verbally but hardly physically; no that's my 'step fathers' job. Well it was until he left my mother.

My father comes by daily and checks on my mother and my brother, he says I'm not his child and that if I ever disrespect him I will pay.

But whenever he comes over drunk he finds me and my brother and takes his stress out on us; mainly me though, I try to protect my little brother as he is only 14 years old. Oops, here he comes, got to go.

End of diary...

-------------------------------------------------------

"Loreli," yelled my father.

"Coming father," I yelled back; I hope he's not drunk.

"Loreli, what have I told you!?" He said slurring his words, yep he's drunk.

"Not to call me dad," I said mimicking him knowing that he's going to get pissed off with me anyway, I'm just speeding up the process.

I ran downstairs and into the basement where he was. It was pitch black, suddenly I was knocked over by a large fist that made contact with my stomach.

I curled over in pain, tears streaming down my face. I heard someone come down stairs; it was my brother.

"Dad, stop don't do it! You're hurting her," my brother screamed at him.

"Shut up you," he yelled and slapped my brother.

I struggled but got up and ran in between my father and brother.

"Don't you dare touch him," I spat at this creature.

His pissed look turned into a murderous look. He walked over to the empty beer bottles on the ground and picked one up.

I flinched as he raised the glassed to break the bottom off. The sharp beer bottle in his hands could kill anyone.

I was petrified, I couldn't move.

"Run," I said well whispered to my brother, which he did; I didn't want him to see what was coming next.

First he punched me, then kicked me next was the glass.

'Smash', that's weird, I thought to myself, it didn't hurt; infact I didn't feel anything, I was numb.

Suddenly, everything went black.

A/N: thanks for reading! Love you crazy humans, well if you are! XD tnx for the reads!