The Alchemy Murder Case

It was just another usual day when I came to school. I saw a crowd of people. I wondered what happened but then again I didn’t really care about it. I walked straight to my classroom and sat on my chair. My name is Maki Keel and I’m currently enrolled at Cebu Roosevelt Memorial Colleges taking up Computer Science. I was wearing our uniform which is a white polo, black pants and black shoes. I always wear my glasses. As I sat on my chair in my usual lazy sitting position, my right hand holding my jaw to support my head. Then my classmate, Khiem, approached me. "Hey Maki! Have you heard that there was a girl studying here that died and probably she was murdered?" Was he terrified?  "So that’s why there's a crowd of people downstairs,” I said apathetically.  “What a gruesome event, I think it’s dangerous to go out these days,” Khiem said. Suddenly our teacher came with a frightened look on her face. “Are you okay, ma'am? You look pale,” one of my classmates asked. "I’m shocked about what happened that girl was my friend and we just talked last night," her voice was trembling. "I can’t believe what happened to her," our teacher then cried. When the class ended, I was the only one left in the classroom. I can’t help to think about what really happened to that girl. I guess it was just an ordinary murder, maybe she got in a trouble or something. I left the school and went home. When I arrived there were some neighbors gossiping about what happened. I thought the news spread faster than I expected. After I did my daily chores, I went to bed early. Before I knew it, it was six o’clock in the morning. I got up and got myself ready for school. As I walk to school, I saw a crowd of people. My classmate saw me and called, "Maki! Maki! Have you heard? There's another victim today. And check it out, first victim and the second victim has the same mark on their palms," he said. "And what is more unusual is that they were both students here."I shrugged. "Maybe it’s just a coincidence. Well, I got to go. I’m gonna be late," I then left him.

                The bell rang and our class was supposed to start. "Our teacher seems to be late today," one of my classmates said. "Maybe he won’t come because the girl who died today is one of his best students," another classmate of mine said. But after a minute our teacher had come. His name was Faust Crimson, our chemistry instructor. "Sorry for the wait, class, I was shocked when I heard that there was another victim again." Mr. Faust seemed emotional. "I feel terribly sorry for them. I can’t imagine that they're gone. They were such wonderful students." Mr. Faust wears his usual attire a white coat, blue jeans and his weird looking glasses. One can tell that he'd been up all night because of the dark bags around his eyes. Mr. Faust was a new teacher. He started teaching here a month ago.

                When the class has ended and I immediately went. As I walked out of the school, I thought I have some energy left and thought I might get to the scene of the crime. I’m not really lazy, I’m just conserving energy. So I went to the place where the first victim was murdered. It was in Brgy. Lourdes near at the Rizal Park, as I’m standing near at the scene of the crime, I could still see the stain of the blood.

                I was going in for a closer look at the dead body when someone patted my back and when I turned, I saw an elegant looking girl. She was wearing the female uniform of CRMC. She had long black silky hair and her eyes were like eyes of an innocent child.  "Excuse me, mister what are you doing here?" Her voice was so gentle and contradicted my monotone voice. What should I say to this girl? "I just happened to pass by and I wondered what happened here," I lied.

“Ah, I see. I thought you were investigating or something like that," she said.  “No. I was just curious about what happened here." “By the way, I’m Erza Nightshade. Nice to meet you,” she offered her hand for a handshake.

I was kind of embarrassed I am not really good at socializing with people.  I took her hand in mine and shook it. “I’m Maki Keel. Nice to meet you, too,” I said while forcing myself to smile. "Damn. It’s really hard to smile. Please accept my deepest apologies for being unfriendly." When I looked at her she smiled and she looked even prettier. "I got to go now, Mr. Keel. See you in school,” she said then waved her hands at me. In respect, I also waved a little. She was a friendly girl. Maybe her life was so colorful unlike mine.  I went home and went to bed early again. When morning came, there was another victim again, the third one. I'm a bit more curious now. Maybe there was really a murderer out there. Another day had passed, and again another victim has been found. It was the fourth one this week.  As I was sitting in my chair at the classroom, I thought I should try investigating the crimes. It seemed the police and the investigators had a hard time catching the suspect. After the class had ended I went to the newspaper club to see the pictures of the four victims. When I reached their clubroom, two girls were talking. "Excuse me," I said. "Oh, hello. How can I help you?" one of the girls asked.  "Can I see the photos of the victims at the crime scene?"  I said.  “Okay. By the way, I’m Kaye and this is Charmaine, I haven’t seen you around. Are you new in this school?” Kaye asked.  It was no wondered they hadn't noticed me before. After all, I am just a low profile student. "Kind of. Is it okay for me to look at it?"  "Yes. Come on in," Charmaine said.  "Here is the picture you’ve asked," Kaye handed them to me.