Chapter 6: Swarm of Fans

Chapter 6

The door swung open along with fifty whispers while a girl switched on the light. Gasps and screams erupted from the swarm of fans, and Niall immediately backed as far away from them as they poured into the classroom.

"Niall!" I screamed over the crowd. He didn't hear me. Once all of the girls were crammed together in the room and about to completely surround him, he quickly squeezed through the small opening through the girls and the wall. It was less than five seconds when all the girls started to exit the room. I guess I'll never get to see the real Niall... thanks to that girl.

Wait...that girl...she was a fake blonde with brown roots...wearing a short black dress. Immediately I knew who it was. This was going to be fun. She ruined probably one of the only chances I will ever get to know a famous person. She was going to pay...she was going to be sorry. I smirked and casually walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.

I heard screams emanating from the right. I turned the corner to see two girls in the back of the swarm turn to the left. I followed. Then, I stopped. So he was heading to the middle of the school? Perfect, I could use my short-cut. I turned and went into the girl's bathroom which leads to the pool which leads to the courtyard.

I swung open the door, noticing he was right in front of me, and pulled him in. He smiled,

"Thanks, Rebecca." I shrugged,

"No problem really. Hey, you want to put this tan powder on now so you won't have to worry about those physcos' chasing you around like idiots?" He laughed and said in his Irish accent,

"Please." I took him to the right corner of the room away from the pool. I sat him down on one of the chairs and started applying the powder to his face. Then he started singing,

"You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turnin' heads as you walk through the do-o-or. Don't need makeup, to cover up. Being the way that you are is enou-u-gh." I giggled and asked,

"Why are you singing that song now, Nialler?" I suddenly felt awkward. I barely knew him and I called him by his nick-name. Surprisingly, though, he seemed perfectly normal,

"What? I'm not allowed to sing my own band's song?" He smirked amusingly while I just smiled while shaking my head.

"You're something different, you know that?" He stated. I raised an eyebrow and asked,

"Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?" He smiled mischievously and said,

"Both." I rolled my eyes and continued to apply the powder. He continued the song but quietly hummed it. I, Rebecca Brence, am an acquaintance of Niall Horan and possible friend, and before I was just an average girl. Just because of one incident, I know him somewhat. Then I stopped thinking and shook it off. This is too good to be true. I must be dreaming.

"Pinch me." I said.

"What?" Niall said curiously.

"Pinch me."

"Why?" He questioned. I rolled my eyes impatiently and said,

"Just do it!"

"Fine." He reached over to my wrist and gave me a long hard pinch.

"Ow!" I said, a familiar pain running through my hand. He put his hands up and said,

"You wanted me to."

"Yeah, but not that hard!" I glared at him while shaking my hand.

"Sorry for doing as you ask, your highness. Please don't behead me." He pleaded sarcastically. I gently slapped him across the face. He smiled and returned the 'favor'.

-30 minutes later-

"So, 'you ready to go back to prom?" His face lost it's smile.

"I'll be hiding in the shadows again....." He said sadly.

"You can hang with me and my friends if you want." I said shrugging. He sighed and said,

"Depends, can your friends keep a secret?" I immediately nodded.

"Yeah, they aren't exactly the gossip type."

"I don't want to enter there alone with no one beside me...." He said smiling.

"Oh, I see where you are going." He looked up and grinned.

"Will you?" I pretended to think for a moment and replied,

"Sure, why not?" He stood up and stretched his hand out to me.

"May I take you to the prom?" I giggled, and accepted. He pulled me up with ease, and I smiled at him, and he smiled at me. Friends? Obviously............