Chapter 8

AJ

I was at the library, patiently waiting for May to come so we could start on our tutoring session.

At this point I was done trying to get with May. It was obvious that she wasn't interested. I don't even know why I thought she was. She was a straight woman and there was no way I was gonna turn her out.

But sometimes I would catch her looking at me. Did that mean something? Maybe she was just trying to figure me out, I mean she's never been around a lesbian like myself, well she probably has never been around a lesbian at all.

It was about 3:45 and May was 15 minutes late. I was beginning to become impatient. It wasn't like her to be late, she was always on time. If she wasn't here by 3:50 then I would leave.

I felt my phone vibrate so I took it out and I saw that it was Janet calling me. I really didn't want to hear her voice but since I've been ignoring her all week I decided to answer.

"Hey." I said not excitingly.

"Hey I've been trying to get a hold of you all week. You've been ignoring me?" Janet ask with a giggle.

"No I've just been busy with school and work." I half lied.

"Oh you're in school?" Janet asked

"Yeah I'm taking a psychology class at El Camino." I said

"Oh that's good, that's good. I haven't been up too nothing over here. Still at my same ol' boring job and I have to deal with Drea's crazy ass and-"

"Um can I call you back. I'm sorry I'm just really busy right now and I can't talk right now." I lied.

"Yeah...um....sure you can call me back." Janet said

"Ok." I said then I hung up the phone

I let out a deep sigh, Janet was gonna be talking my ear off of how much she couldn't stand her job or her "trifling ass girlfriend."

I don't know what made her think that I wanted to hear her talk about someone she left me for. It just didn't make any sense to me.

I checked the time on my watch and it was now 3:50. I started to pack my things up. I guess May wasn't coming which was all good for me.

As I made my was to the elevator, I saw May speed walking through the library, she saw me and she looked shocked that I was leaving.

"No! No! Please don't leave yet. I'm sorry that I'm late AJ! I got caught up with some personal issues." May said.

"May you're 15 minutes late, you've could of called or texted me to let or something." I said.

"I know I know and I'm sorry. But I don't have your number so how was I suppose to get in contact with you?" May said with a little attitude

"Look we only have a hour left, do you still wanna have this session." I said feeling a little defeated by her point.

"Yes can we please." May said.

Now that I had saw May it was becoming harder for me to stop liking her. And she just had to be looking good today. She had on a crop top, with high waisted black shorts, and converse on. She was showing off her nice thick thighs, and I needed to keep my eyes off them.

"Ok I guess. it's not like I got nothing else to do." I said trying to sound like I didn't want to be with her.

We walked back to the table and I got my materials out and so did she.

"Once again I like to say that I'm sorry for being late. I was having baby daddy problems." May said.

"It's fine." I said bluntly "now we left off on chapter 7 on page 234." I said trying to change the subject.