The 3 metaphors! - @Abigailz1128

The 3 metaphors!

Okay, so... It was the middle of the week, and I had asked my teacher if she wanted any help after school, as I stay after for an hour every day. She said sure, that it would be great if she could get some help, and that she would find something for me to do. So, after P.E., I went back to her room, and I found one of my classmates in there talking with her. It just so happens that I happen to like this classmate, let's call him Nate (not his real name). So, I ask my teacher, Mrs. James, what she would like help with, and she thinks for a moment, and then her face lights up. "Could you get Nate started on his English? I have another student coming in for help, and it'd be nice not to have to jump back and forth."

My heart almost stopped. And sure enough, in comes another student, this one a grade lower. He and Mrs. James take seat away from Nate, and I hesitate before walking over to where he's sitting, and pulling a desk closer. "So, what do you need help with?" I ask, trying to sound more confident then I really am. "Well, this English is not making any sense. I mean, how can you find three Metaphors in a paragraph?" I giggle, weird for me, and tell him that there are three metaphors in it, he just needed to look harder. "I've looked though!" he states. "have you even read it?" I asked, seeing right through his facade. he grinned, looking right at me. "Nope." "Well read it, then see what you come up with!" I told him, leaning back in my seat. I began tapping the beat to one of my favorite songs on my desk. Suddenly, I felt a hand cover mine. "that's very distracting." I look up, and see Nate is starring at me. "Sorry." i mumble. "S'okay." he grinned his beautiful grin again. His hand was still on mine. "So are you going to sit there smiling at me, or read the paragraph?" I ask him, finding a new confidence. "Right! There are metaphors to be found!" he announced, taking his hand off mine, and redirecting his gaze to his text book.