Shifter

Shifter

Chapter 1

It is currently 85 degrees in Los Angeles, California and I'm cruising down the freeway with my best friend Alex. Yes, I know what you are thinking. I know for a fact that I am extremely lucky to be be friends with Alex. I mean come on, he is the lead singer of the band called All Time low. My life is practically perfect, except for one thing.

My name is Alexia Catherine Young and I'm in love with my best friend.

My mother is a model and my father is a lawyer. My parents are both really rich but they decide to spend most of their time either on vacations or they are away for work, so I live with my friend Haley in LA. She is the lead singer of a band called Paramore. I see my parents every few months and when they are gone, they just load up my bank account with loads of money. We never used to be rich until now. I have lived in LA since my freshman year and like I said, my parents are rich, but I still go to public school. That is how me, Haley and Alex all met. I had moved here from Nebraska so my mother could pursue her dream of becoming a famous model, and she actually succeeded.

Me and Haley live in a big 3 bedroom apartment that has an amazing view, a huge living room, kitchen, 3 bathrooms, one in each bedroom, and a laundry room. I love my life! The day that i had come to live in LA was very interesting. I met Haley within the first few hours of me being here and we clicked like that! I have been best friends with her ever since. She had introduced me to Alex at school, he was her best friend, and me and Alex had a connection right from the beginning. I had fallen head over heels for him that day but I still haven't told him. I'm afraid that he won't feel the same way.

BACK TO PRESENT..................................

Me and Alex are speeding down the freeway in Alex's red corvette and I feel like I'm on top of the world. I love the feeling that I get when I'm around him. He always makes me feel special, I get nervous and I get butterflies in my stomach. It feels good and it makes me happy.

I look over at Alex and he is smiling like an idiot. I give his body a quick look; I can't help it. He is very sexy. He has dark blonde hair with natural highlights, brown eyes and a very sexy body.

He looks over at me for a second, gives me his 100 watt smile and then looks back at the road.

"What are you grinning about?", I ask him

"Oh nothing, I was just enjoying the view."

"Uh-huh, whatever you say", I say back to him while laughing.

He laughs and then turns the music up louder. We are now listening to his bands latest cd and he is singing along to it, even though he is the lead singer of the band,ha-ha.

I start thinking about what he said and i smile to myself. What did he mean by he was 'enjoying the view'. I hope he was talking about me and not the scenery by us. I think he meant me though because after he answered me he started coughing-choking like he was hiding something. A girl can only dream I guess.

Alex had picked me up from school since he and Haley are now home schooled. They both ended up getting signed by major recording labels not too long ago and their bands were extremely famous already. Me and Alex we now heading to the studio so his band can record one of their new songs real quick.This song was really good, especially since it featured Haley and ME!! Yes, i said me. I wasn't famous or anything but I had a pretty good voice. Both Haley's' and Alex's' bands let me sing in the songs sometimes, and I'm in the music videos all the time. I swear, I love my life sometimes!