Chapter 34: Houston; Days 2 and 3

Super-Duper-Uper long ass chapter because I wanted to give y'all a treat! heehee

If are enjoying this, may want to check out my new story ''Their Wishes'' :D while waiting!

Hayden POV

Well, yesterday was a absolute fucking disaster. I woke up wondering if I should even bother to head down, as Philip would have no doubt gone to Chester Frank and sullied my prospects with Frankbridge. Ironically, he was the one who gave me the opportunity. I dressed casually and wore one of the sweaters I had stolen from Sean's closet, so I could feel their presence. I called Frankbridge HQ, and asked for Frank's secretary. 

The hotel had an amazing breakfast buffet spread that I was going to gouge myself on. It was the least I could do, given the shitty hospitality given by Philip. The phone line was busy so I left a message.

Looking at the time, it was still too early to call the boys who were probably exhausted from their day. 8am here meant it was around 6am there. I would call them later, I decided, dropping a text message as all their good night/good morning messages from last night came flooding in.

I was lazing about the lounge, enjoying my second helping of berry yogurt and third helping  of an Asian breakfast food; congee when my phone buzzed. 

It couldn't be the boys, Sandra would only gather them up around 8am (their time), and it wasn't Sandra since I just spoke to her earlier. ''Hello'' I answered over a mouthful of food.

''Miss, Miss, where are you?'' A frantic voice came over.

''Me? Who are you?'' I asked, chewing lazily. I patted my full stomach contentedly. ''J-jacob Miss. Your driver to Frankbridge HQ this morning? We musn't be late ma'am.''

''Frankbridge??'' I choked out.

''Yesss,'' he pleaded, ''I am in the lobby Miss. Are you ready to go?''

Oh, shit? Looks like I'm going casually dressed then. ''Uh, yeah, yeah. I thought th- nevermind. I'll be there in a minute.'' I downed my orange juice and walked out to the lobby. The poor guy was sweating and frazzled. ''This way miss, this way,'' he ushered me to the car and we sped off. 

''sorry 'bout that Jacob. I thought it was cancelled....'' 

''No, miss. Not cancelled. I received direct confirmation today to pick you up.''

''oh, alright then.'' I mumbled.

We reached the HQ with a few minutes to spare. I lugged my full stomach out of the car and into the elevator, thanking Jacob for his services. 

Chester Frank was a portly fellow who greatly resembled Colonel Sanders of KFC. That was my first impression. He had many laugh lines and kind eyes. Unlike a certain doctor, under him.

''Morning Miss Waters! I've heard much about you, I'm glad you're considering to be a part of us.''

''Hayden, please, Mr Frank. It's great to be here sir.''

''I insist you call me Chester, Hayden. I do want to also apologize for Phil last night. I understand he said some upsetting things last night?''

''Sir-I mean, Chester?'' I raised my eyebrows, '' What do you mean?''

''Well, he called me and told me that he pressed you too hard for you to come and join us and you left unhappily. He also made a strong case for your joining package. You've made quite the positive impression on him, and I think I see why. You'll be pleased to know that I've doubled your initial pay and that you can join us whenever you are done with your current clients in New York.''