Death isn't that scary

A long long long, time ago people use to fear the dead. They would pray to their gods in hopes of not becoming a new member of the dead's family. But now, all there is left is scary stories. No one believes in ghosts or the dead or anything. Its all fake they say, just stories they say, but i, am different.

  My name is Blair Arachna, in which Arachna means spider woman. which i guess fits me, since i do love spiders-but that's beside the point. My family and i, well, have always been on the grimmer side of life. We all have the same raven black hair-although mine is tainted from a crimson dye- we all have the same dark navy eyes like the night sky, and we all are stained with pale white skin that never tans. None of us believe in a god-oh and none of us, as in my mother, father, older brother, and I. We all have lived in the same house as my parent's parent's parents. Our house is decently small and old. It almost looks haunted with its worn out gray boards, steep black tiled roof, and big windows positioned from the attic. Its out in the middle of nowhere, but that's how we like it. The city is maybe about a three hour drive, but that's why we all have night jobs. Oh, did i mention that i was twenty and still living with my parents? I must not have, but i haven't mention a lot anyway, have I? Hmm, maybe i should skip to my twenty-first birthday instead, that would be much easier.

  I wake up early in the morning to the smell of dust and other old house smells. Its the thirteenth of October, and the day just so happens to be Friday. How delight full, but it is also my birthday. My twenty-first birthday to be exact. I groggily slip out of my bed, with the plain black sheets falling off in the process. I never was a morning person, but alas i must feed my spider, Lucifer. which means devil. He's a crab spider, and what a cute one at that. But the best part was that he is a giant crab spider, so he was about 10 inches, while normal crab spider were only 0.4 inches. I knew a lot about crab spiders, like that they don't spin webs to catch prey. They posses venom and immobilize their victim. Oh i must be rambling, anyway, i decide to head into the kitchen, still in my night ware which consists of a black tank top and white p.j pants. I find my brother already sitting at the breakfast table with two bowls of cereal poured.

    "Good morning little Arachna." My Brother Nyx comments as he pushes the bowl of cereal in my direction. 

    "Why thank you, man of the night." I state in a sarcastic sophisticated manner. Nyx and i like to tease each other with the meaning of our names. So if you haven't guessed yet, Nyx means "of the night." I sit down and begin to eat my cereal. slightly enjoying the extra company of Nyx. My family tends to go off on their own, we don't usually spend time with each other. But it's not long until Nyx brakes the silence that has seemed to settle in.

   "How has your birthday been so far sis?" A small smirk sets on his face as he poses the question.

    "Well, since i literally just woke up, it's been quite pleasant." You answer with a matter-of-fact voice and flash him a forced smile. "But-" I pause and look down innocently. "it would be better, if a certain big brother gave a gift?" I look back up at him with pretend puppy dog eyes. He rolls his eyes in respond and pulls out a box from under the table.

   "You have no idea how long it took me to find you this stuff. you better be pleased." He says while he hands me the wrapped box. I carefully rip off the wrapping to be surprised by the sight of mascara and eye liner in the colors of black, crimson, navy blue, and purple, along with a rainbow of nail polish. My eyes must of lit up at the sight, because i hear Nyx laugh a bit. Now of coarse i don't ware any of this, its all for my job. I lean over the small table and hug Nyx slightly as a string of thanks spew from my mouth.

   "Oh my god Nyx thank you so much! I cant thank you enough! Thanks!" Nyx hugs back slightly and ruffles my hair while he laughs a bit more.

    "Thought you'd like it" He adds and I nod. Oh was i going to have fun at my job tonight. In which i work as a mortician, someone who i guess you could say "makes the dead look pretty" for their funeral.

Author's Notes:

Okay, so this is somewhat of a first chapter. And i apologies if their is any mistakes i miss. And i thank you if you have read this all. Even if no ones reads this, I'm still going to update and finish this story. I just didn't want to write it or type it in word, so i typed it here.