Chapter 2

What am I gonna do...

I sat in a bright-lighted, hospital room. My hands were cold and pale, and leaned on a hospital bed that held Ariana, my twin sister. Even from falling at least ten stories to the ground, the only gruesome gashes were on her back. Besides all the medical tubes hooked up to her arm, she looked like an angel, resting peacefully.

"Sasha, have some water," a calm, patient voice said. I recognized the voice at once - why wouldn't I. The guy talking is my best friend, Shawe(pronounced Shawn, not just "shaw" if you're curious).

Gratefully accepting the glass, I snatched it from his dark-skinned hand and guzzled it all down. He leaned back on his own chair and looked up towards the ceiling.

"You haven't been to school for a week... well, you skip school often enough, but this time it's just..." he rambled. Shawe was never good with words anyway.

"Miss Tabure, can we have a word with you, privately?" a doctor said, entering the room out of nowhere. Before I even realized Shawe had speedily ran out the door, his long black hair hit the back of my chair. The doctor approached me, then looked down at his clipboard, and sighed.

"Miss Sodo is in stable condition, but she's been in a coma for over a week now. I would have expected her to wake up by now. The only reason left for her not waking up by now would be psychological. Could you think of any reason she wouldn't want to wake up?" he asked, peering down at me through his thin glasses.

"Yeah... I think she's being bullied by the students at her school," I announced, giving the doctors a brave face.

"Did she tell you she was being bullied?" a nurse asked, with no emotion on her face at all.

"No..." I responded, intimidated by her question.

"Did somebody say so? she asked again, with even less expression this time.

"Not... exactly," I answered, feeling guilty with the lack of evidence.

"You can't accuse people of things like this, kid," her face contorted into one of disgust. The fiery rage I've been hiding for the past two days came out again, as I summoned my inner "Sasha the Demon".

"You callin' me a liar?" I asked, giving her my own face of disgust.

"Alrighty now," my dad said, popping out of a chair in the back of the room. "Sasha, you can go home now. I'll discuss the rest of this with them alone,"

Happily, I pushed the nurse out of my way and pulled my hood up over my head. Trudging down the hospital hall, I flipped my short bleached hair out of the way and made a sharp left towards the exit.

"Hey, aren't you Sasha?" a voice asked. I stopped in place and look around. A boy in his late-teens was stopped, foot balancing him against the wall. His hair was perfectly parted to the left, and his expensive clothing is strikingly noticeable.

"What's it to you?" I snorted, not amused.

"I know about your sister, and how she attempted suicide," he calmly stated. Suddenly, my guard went down. I dropped the look of being fierce and tough immediately, and let my expression of shock take over.

"How do you..." I questioned, trailing off at the end. Thoughts of who he is start to form. Is he a student in Ariana's class? Did he overhear the situation?

"Can we discuss this over a coffee?" he asked. I curtly nodded and follow him to the Starbucks across the road. The entire time, I was collecting memories of the certain types of kicks from Karate club. You know, unless this guy turns out to be a creep.