Chapter 1

*Vicky's POV*

It was the first day of camp. I know what you're thinking - summer camp, how cliché. It wasn't my idea, my parents made me do this since last year and I quite liked it here to be honest.
Last year I made a couple of new friends and they are all here this year. I was kinda nervous but secretly excited to meet new people, since I could use some more friends. I was waiting at 'the office' as the counselors liked to call it. I got called by the receptionist and got my camp bracelet.
When I was dragging my heavy luggage to our cabin, I couldn't help but notice this girl in a group that arrived from the airport.
She had long and wavy dark brown hair with a green streak and dark brown eyes. She wasn't tall, but not short either. She had an amazing physique and beautiful legs.
She was wearing a pair of shorts and a band tee under her long sleeved checkered shirt, coupled with a pair of simple black Converse. The outfit looked perfect on her.
I felt weird after I caught myself staring at her, almost like I got butterflies. 'That's rather odd, but I shouldn't bother for now' I thought to myself and went to the restroom to clean my hands and get some cold water.
The moment I let the water touch my lips I felt a sense of relief because I was very thirsty on the hot summer day.
Wiping my lips, I went back to the cabin to listen to some music, or even play some on the guitar I brought with me. I had my guitar ever since my dad got one for me when I was 12. After a while and some practice, I already mastered the basic chords and I was on a roll.
I found out that I could sing, so I made covers of my favorite songs and I even wrote some myself.
I smiled at the thought when I finished my first song and it sounded good for the first few times, but I ended up hating it and I burned the lyrics.
When I got to the cabin, I noticed luggage that wasn't there when I left in front of it. I just shrugged and went inside, taking off my sunglasses and placing them in one of the drawers we shared. "Victoria, introduce yourself to Ivy, she just arrived." Amy, our counselor, encouraged me to say hi to the new girl. I turned to her and before me was the beautiful figure I caught myself staring at only minutes ago. It was her.
"Uhhhhhh, hi there, I'm Victoria, but Vicky for short," I nervously shook her hand and looked away to distract myself from staring at her. Something was definitely up with me today, something confusing.
"Hey, um, hi, I'm Ivy, nice to meet you," she answered nervously and turned around, carrying on with what she was doing moments before.
"Whoa, nice wall there," I complimented as I looked over her shoulder and saw her taping pictures of Green Day and My Chemical Romance on the room's wall. "So I take it you listen to GD and MCR?" I asked, desperately trying to break the ice. "Yes, I love them. They inspire me so much," she said and brushed her brown hair off her shoulder. I could see her blush a bit. "I love your shirt, by the way," I said and saw her nervously pull her sleeves lower. "Uhh thanks I guess," she said and gave me a weak smile. She was so adorable with her dimples and glasses. Wait, did I just say adorable?
"Girls, we gotta go, dinner time!" Amy exclaimed and motioned us outside to go to the dining hall.
I walked with everyone else, worrying about not eating in front of everyone. Yes, I had an eating disorder, and I was anorexic since I was 14, which is for 3 years now. I really struggled with myself and my self esteem, if there was any. Sometimes I hated myself more than ever, and some days were completely fine. I have been depressed for quite a while now and I also, well to put it simply, I self harmed. It was something I needed to do, it was a painkiller. I just couldn't cope with pain in any other way, so I did it to myself. I wore long sleeves, and it gave me a feeling that Ivy dealt with the same issues like me. I mean, who wears long sleeves in the middle of summer?
We arrived to out table and sat down. Ivy and I were the only two girls who didn't eat dinner. She looked pale and nervous, almost like she was going to faint.
She stood up and spoke. "I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a few minutes," she said and walked away, with me behind her with the same excuse.