Chapter 4

Aubrey Osborne

A week had passed and I haven't heard anything about Ryan. Exam week was over. Thank God!

"Aubrey?" Maureen called out when she heard me on the kitchen. Who else? I thought to myself.

"Hey Maureen, welcome home."

"Thanks" she unloaded all her things on her bed and rummaged her cabinet for something she could wear. She changed into a pair of sleepwear and pulled her hair into a ponytail.

"What's for dinner, sweetie?"

"Steak."

"Smells good."

"Thanks!"

She felt useless standing beside me while I cook so she just set the table then lumbered into the living room to watch TV. When I was done, I called her in and she immediately walked into the dining table.

"Lets start eating. I'm starving." I knew all too well how much Maureen loved my skills in cooking. Haha!

"Hey, don't rush, I cooked many steak for your dragonite appetite." I said teasing her.

"It's still amazing, I still can't believe that I have a great chef roommate, a.k.a bestfriend." she laughed.

"Stop praising me, Maur, I don't wanna have a huge head." I said also laughing.

"Well, so, hmm... How's... what's his name again?" she asked cutting the steak. "Oh yeah, I remember, Ryan, how are you doing?"

"Ryan? I haven't heard from him since then."

"Yeah, that was forever so forget about him, there are so many Hotties here in Cali."

"I will never disagree with that." i said giving her a wink then we both burst out laughing.

We were about to finish eating when we heard Maureen's phone rang.

"It's Kyle." she said to me before picking it up.

Kyle Congrove was our gay friend. He had blonde hair and a gray eyes. He was tall with not so muscular body but when a girl saw him, they would really drop their jaw because he's hot, but unfortunately, he's gay.

She turned the loudspeaker on so that I could also hear what he'd be saying.

"Maureen!" he exclaimed.

"Fuck, Kyle! Don't shout!" Maureen shouted back. I chuckled hearing them fight again. They were really like Puppy and Kitten.

"Okay, what are you gonna tell Maureen?" I interrupted .

"Oh, Aubrey, you're there! This will be fun!" He sounded excited. hmm... About what?

"C'mon tell us now, don't take too much of our time, we're still eating." Maureen said annoyed.

"I want us to watch a car race tonight. There will be so many hotties!" he said laughing like a gay demon.

"Oh my God! Sounds fun!" Maureen said with the same expression. They were really crazy.

"Well, if you like to join me then I'll just pick you there by seven? You're welcome to come along, sweethearts." he said theng hang up.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! as in Oh my gosh! So many hotties later." Maureen jumped, she seemed really excited.

A little after seven, we heard someone knocked at the door. Kyle. Maureen managed to open the door.

"You look stunning! Perfect!" He said clapping his hands together.