Mental games

The light flickered a little, catching my eyes attention. I sighed, calming down a bit and realizing I was still in the doctor's office. I could heard the faint cries and screaming of another patient out in the hallways. I flinched a little at the person's last scream, in which was silenced after a loud crash. My heart pounded as footsteps approached my door. 

"Ahem, Miss Kinryth?" The doctor asked as he cleared his throat, knocking the door a little. "Yes sir!" I said loud enough to where he could hear it. I hated this place, and to think I had to visit it at least once a year for the rest of my life. He walked into the room, with a smile. "Greetings Red." He said, looking down at his clipboard; not caring to shut the door as another patient begins to throw a fit. A nurse walked into the room with needles, and vials. "Alright, you're all checked in." He said, setting the clipboard down on a counter. "Ma'am would you please shut that door." He spoke to the nurse, who then obeyed. "Thank you." He said, rolling on the spinning chair towards me.

The doctor looked at me, tilting my chin up a bit so that I wasn't looking down; or up. He flashed a light into my unusual light grey eyes, and in that professional-tone of voice he spoke quietly. "Ah, is there a reason you are scared?" He said as he turned off the light. I shook my head with a nervous laugh. It was a fake laugh, I had hoped he wouldn't notice; thankfully he didn't. It was getting to the painful part as the doctor grabbed the needle. I pushed a black strand of hair behind my ear, and prepared my arm for the shot. The nurse slowly gripped onto my arm, and within a couple seconds later I had tears streaming down my cheeks and an intense pain in my arm; then everything faded black like normal.

My eyes shot open, I was in a room of padded cells and bright lights. This was a normal yearly routine. Get the shot, black out, bam inside this torture room. I looked around, my hospital gown was bloody on the sleeves and at the side that the shot was on. This was unusual, I must of bled pretty bad. "Oh good, you're awake." Spoke a voice from the speakers above me. This was not good. I slowly got up, "W-wait... before you start....." I stuttered, and the lights began blinking to count-down. I closed my eyes, and it slowly began. 

I heard screaming in my left ear, ambulance and police sirens mixed in with some shouts and screams of random people in my right ear. Some of the shouts demanded that I open my eyes, but if I opened my eyes it'd be worse. I felt my hands move onto my ears and my eyes tighten a bit. I backed until my back touched the wall and slowed down it until I was sure I was in the corner. I began to rock myself as the noise increased to a maximum, and mixed in with the screams was my own. Then it fell silent, and I slowly stopped screaming; my eyes opening slowly along with my hands moving from my ears. 

I was in the middle of the street, fire, blood, and bodies were everywhere. Then standing in the middle of road were someone I knew. It had sucked me in, and I got up and ran to the girl; reaching toward her shoulder so I could spin her around. "Ally!" I shouted as it seemed I'd never reach her, my dead little sister. As soon as I placed hand on her shoulder a car came flying at us, and my hands immediately shielded my eyes as the head-lights in the darkness had blinded me.  I remembered my sister, and when I opened my arms to move her out of the way; it had seemed as if she had moved forward. I screamed her name at the top of my lungs, my heads reached out toward her as the car hit her. 

I fell to the ground, rocking myself as everything seemed to go back to the padded cell. My face red and soaked with tears, I couldn't stop crying or rocking myself. Why did they do this to me? To us? No wonder my father had ran away from the society, he got to now live a normal life; no doctor visits like this. I hadn't seen him ever since I were three years old, and my sister were one. My sister would've been eleven if she were still alive, but whenever she was six she had got ran over by a car. 

After a couple minutes of sobbing I came to a stop, realizing it was okay now; and apparently so had the doctors. As the padded wall moved and opened a door, the doctor walked inside the room. I could only do what I felt like doing, I was angry. Full of hatred. I could kill him at this very moment. I got to my feet, ran over to him and screamed at him. "Why would you do this to me?!" I felt the words come from my mouth, and my hands grabbed his shirt collar. This went on for minutes of endless screaming, my pale skin now red with anger. I later was escorted out of the doctor officer and to my house.