GLOSSARY (A-H)

А

Aliya Aen an Aeliatan—an Alae, matriarch of House an Aeliatan. The preeminent weaver of illusions in Briaellar. Member of the Briaellar Council.

Alasais—the Nae of Emotions and Feelings, creator of the Alae. Often called the Mistress of Briaellar, sister of Tialianna, Nel'teorri (Adorean for Dazzling Inner Beauty) or Tellenera (elvish for Bestower of Feelings). Alasais has been called upon to help all beings understand and accept the nature of their souls, clarify what they want in life, etc.

Amer an Rual—an Alae, patriarch of House an Rual, member of the Briaellar Council. Known for his ability to cultivate new animal breeds and to seek novels ways of destroying especially harmful older ones.

Amialis of Rual—an Alae, daughter of Agir the Liberator, former queen of Rual. She was forced to abdicate because of her marriage to a non-believer, the dragon Krian an Saei. Sister of Kor, mother of Anar, Nakar, Daelanor and Gelaryon.

An Al Emenayit—one of the houses of Briaellar. Famous for its telepaths and Anaeis—women with a hyper-developed intuition. Rulers: Patriarch Selorn, Matriarch Meori.

An Inalass—one of the houses of Briaellar. Predominantly made up of non-Alae. Its members are distinctive for their endless love of Briaellar, and work tirelessly for its prosperity.

An Kamian—one of the houses of Briaellar. The beautiful golden-haired an Kamians are patrons and lovers of art, and an inexhaustible source of inspiration for all kinds of creative individuals. They are the best singers, dancers and musicians among the Alae. To top it all off, they are virtuoso schemers. They are extremely curious and hungry for new experiences, which they collect by binding them to various objects. Rulers: Patriarch An'si'shial Malaur, Matriarch Aella.

Anlimor—a major trading city, located on the shores of the Lake of Falling Stars, one of Enhiarg's shenavens. A favorite vacation spot of Naerites, it is famous for its beaches and superb seafood cuisine.

An Meanor—one of the houses of Briaellar, famous for its wizards. Rulers: Patriarch Feynlaan, Patriarch Teinlaan.

An Rual—one of the houses of Briaellar. An Rualites are very capable in magic, but (thank Alasais!), unlike an Meanors, they are not inclined to dig very deep. Their passion for research found another, even more unusual outlet—the ancient and numerous House an Rual engages in the breeding and study of new animal breeds. Rulers: Patriarch Amer Fearsomeclaw, Matriarch Ariza.

An Sia (House of Shadows)—one of the houses of Briaellar. The Shadows are the best thieves and spies among the Alae. Rulers: Patriarch Naol Tenderpaw, Matriarch Ferrimela Purring Death.

An'si'shial Malaur an Kamian—an Alae, patriarch of House an Kamian, co-ruler with Aella an Kamian, adoptive father of Sianae Aniallu, member of the Briaellar Council. Known for his mastery as a diplomat and body manufacturer.

An Temiar—one of the houses of Briaellar. An Temiars are administrator cats, responsible for the enormous task of managing Briaellar. Rulers: Patriarch Keane, Matriarch Keara.