chapter twelve

~*~

Evie and Kyra both had brushes up against Adonia's skin, and the blonde stared down Mal with pleading eyes, hoping the emerald eyed girl would stop as the two in front of her applied even more makeup to her face, and Mal finally rolled her eyes, before coming to Adonia's aid, "Okay, easy on the blush guys, Doni doesn't want to scare him away."

"Not that she could, he's practically in love with her." Kyra smiled, and dusted her own cheeks with some blush, her naturally rosy cheeks even rosier.

"My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk," Evie spoke up, blending in the light pink powder, smiling at Adonia as she did so, "always use upward strokes."

"My mom never really wore makeup." Adonia shrugged, only for Evie to give her a stern look as she traded the blush for a red lip liner, "Nor do I have a sister."

"Well, now you do," Kyra spoke up, applying some mascara to her already extremely long lashes, both Evie and Mal agreeing with the blonde's words, "you have all of us, at least."

"We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off," Evie spoke cautiously, giving Kyra a look that the blonde luckily didn't notice, "my mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way, just ask Snow White."

"Are you guys scared?" Kyra asked, making the three villain kids turn to her as she brushed imaginary dirt off her shorts, and when she saw the blank looks, she elaborated on her question, "Of your moms, I mean?"

"Sometimes," Evie answered shortly, touching up Adonia's red lipstick.

"I mean, she's my mom." Mal shrugged, laying next her stomach on on her bed, her green eyes calculating as she stared at Kyra.

"What she said," Adonia chuckled, though her smile didn't reach her eyes, and she twiddled with her fingers as Evie put away her makeup, "I just want her to be proud of me, I hate disappointing her."

        Kyra gave the villain kids a sad look, as Adonia gave a fake smile, continuing on with her little rant, looking over at Mal as she repeated her words, "Yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me in her own way, I guess..."

"Moving on," Kyra mumbled, her eyes sad and teary, and she motioned for Adonia to come look at herself in the mirror, a smile crossing her face, "come look at yourself, Doni."

        "You're done?" Adonia looked at Evie for confirmation, who smiled a small smile and nodded her head, mumbling out a quiet yeah as she and Adonis stood up. The blonde stood in front of the mirror, Evie and Kyra on either side of her as Mal watched on from her bed. Her outfit was beautiful, she looked beautiful.

        "Woah..." Adonia trailed off, her hands reaching up to touch her curly locks of hair. Kyra and Evie made Adonia... look amazing... they made her look and feel like a princess.

        "I know," Evie whispered, placing a hand on her best friend's shoulder, making the blonde turn to her, her eyes watering ever so slightly, enough to go unnoticed by everyone.

        "I look," Adonia mumbled, turning back to the mirror, twiddling with the zipper on the leather jacket, making Kyra and Evie lean closer as Adonia continued in the quietest voice ever, "not ugly."

         "Not even close." Evin agreed, pulling Adonia into a side hug. Mal walked up behind Adonia, laying her chin down on her shoulder, the purple haired girl smiling at the blonde through the mirror. The villain kids felt weird in their stomachs, like this is what they should be doing, obsessing over boys and hanging out together, not worrying about their mothers or having to steal things. It felt nice, to just be a kid for once.

        "Don't leave me out of this!" Kyra called out, leaning on Mal. Kyra and Mal have definitely gotten close as the year went on, and Mal would be lying if she didn't think highly of the other blonde. Mal laid her head on Kyra's pulling her in a side hug, much like Evie was doing with Adonia.

     "Our two blondes," Mal spoke to Evie, a teasing grin on her face, "going and getting boyfriends, they grow up so fast."

        "Oh please, Ben doesn't even like me," Adonia whispered, her stomach churning with guilt, only for the other girls to protest loudly. Kyra shaking her head as she explained how smitten Ben truly was with Adonia, and how she hoped Carlos was the same. Of course Evie told Kyra Carlos was practically in love with her.

        The guilt was eating at Adonia, she wanted Ben to like her for her, or something, she didn't know how she truly felt about the Prince, she didn't know what love is, or even how it felt to like someone. She opened her mouth to shush the other three, only for a knock to be heard.

        "I'll get it," Adonia quickly yelled, rushing to open the door. Her smile fell when she saw that it was Carlos, who was fiddling with her gloves, and she looked back, calling Kyra over.

        The blonde smiled at Carlos, and she waved to her friends, the door shutting behind them as Caros explained what they were going to be doing. Silence filled the room, and finally Adonia whispered a quiet thank you to Evie, to which she accepted with a smile.

        Another knock was heard, and Adonia practically sprinted over to the door, she didn't know why she was so excited, but a large grin took over both her and Ben's face when they saw each other, "Hey, Bennyboo!"

        "For the first time," Ben smoothly spoke, his eyes sparkling with happiness as he hazel eyes locked on Adonia's blue ones, "I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful."

        Adonia snorted, and she looked back at her friends, Mal shooting her a wink and Evie motioning for her to go. When Adonia stepped out, Ben handed her a helmet, "I hope you like bikes."

        Adonia's excitement grew, and she finically realized what she was feeling, she liked Ben, a lot.

~*~

{i do not own disney descendants, but i do own adonia, so please do not steal her, thank you!}

~*~

{this is what i picture adonia wearing}

~*~