All Star Misunderstanding

Everything about him became more than just a memory or a dream, it became real. He tasted real, a mixture of salt and pepermint. His hands clung to her desperatly as if he even dared let go she might disappear. They both felt secure in each others embrace, their lips against each others, their bodies becoming heated from the body contact.

    Have you every kissed someone so desperately that It pained you to kiss him but the thought of letting go pained you even more? That's how Mandy felt right now. A heavy weight became a sudden burden on her chest but she allowed herself to marvel in the feeling of his lips against hers for just a moment longer before she finally pulled away.

Mandy's lips were firey against his own and he relished on the burning sensation. But the sensation disappeared turning cold when Mandy finally pulled away.

"Zach?" it was a question, her beautiful eyes trailed over his face taking in it's details. Everything was as she remembered, his set grey eyes resembling a summer storm, his strong cheeks coated with a layer of familiar freckles that she loved so much along with firm lips, the only thing different was his hair which was shorter, clipped down and angled more to the right.

"Yes Mandy, it' me. It's really me," He reassured nodding his head. His hands reached up to her cheeks to secure her gaze in his. Relief seeped through every inch of Zach's body. Now that he knew she still loved him everything would be ok, "I'm here for you."

 Zach was frightened by the sudden doubt that filled Mandy's blue eyes. Did she not believe that he would get her out of here? After everything that he did to find her? Tension built in her body making her freeze under his gaze, her jaw tightening, and worry suddenly burning it's way into her mind.

"Mason!" Mandy suddenly shouted making Zach cringe as her voice echoed in the space between them. She jumped back from Zach. Both of them felt the sudden chill on their skin where their touch had burned against each other.

"Mandy?" Zach whispered hesitantly. His movements reflected those of a mother approaching a scared child.

"Zach you have to go!" Mandy shouted desperatly. Her arms flailing in the air desperatly in an atempt to push him towards the exit. But he wouldn't go. Not now. He had finally found her and there is no way he was going to let her go. Not after everything.

"Zach he's going to be back! You can't be here!" She tried once more to convince him. How could he not listen to the desperation in her words? This wasn't a joke! If Mason caught Zach here! If they came face to face after so long........ Mandy physically cringed at the idea.

"No I'm not leaving you!" His tone was serious, unwavering, as he took a gentle step towards her. Without hesitation she pulled back coming closer and closer to the wall. Endless nerves vibrated through Mandy's body forcing her to pull the sleeves of her sweater up around her hands like she always does when she becomes nervous.

A beautiful grey gaze trailed over Mandy's wavering eyes to her hands clutching together around the sleeves of her sweater. She must be scared of Mason confronting them. He's seem exactly what he is capable of - shooting one of his best friend in the stomach- and if he was willing to kidnap Mandy and let Brittany lay bleeding on the dance floor then I'm sure he is capable of much worse.

"Mason will be back!" Desperation seeping with every word that escaped her lips. The air in the room was becoming thick with tension, "You can't be here."

"I won't leave you! I won't let him hurt you ever again!" Zach yelled back finally getting his hands on her. His long fingers, designed for playing years of guitar and callused from constant practice, grasped her shoulders holding her in place. But she shook her head gently at his words making him frown.

Did she not believe that he could protect her? The question making his chest feel like it was being crushed by a sixty pound block.

"No that's not what I meant.."

"Look we are together now everything is going to be alright," he interrupted. Frustration filled Mandy. He needs to listen to me she thought to herself but she found his words breaking down her resolve. Maybe they it could be ok. Maybe they could be together. Maybe Mason..... his name mixing with her thoughts stopped the growing flame of hope that burned in her heart.

"Zach you don't understand..." His lips lingering against hers stopped the words dead in their tracks. It wasn't like the kiss they had just shared which was filled with a sense of reconnection as they rejoiced in finally being reunited. This one was warm, soft. It was his promise to her that they would be together.

   His hands grazed over her skin up her neck to cup her cheeks. Neither of them had their eyes opens allowing them to get lost in each other. Sweet flutters of butterflies filtered through Mandy's body. Agressivly, yet with a gentleness not normal for someone like Mandy, her hands reached up, tangling her fingers around the fabricof his shirt lifting it up to exposing his skin to the chilly air rafting through the furnished basement.

   They were hungry for each other. They have been deprived of each other for so long. Now that they were together they needed this. Each other. The feeling of their lips moving together was like a starved kid finally getting food. Fullfilling but they needed more. Lips against lips. Body against body. They were together, lost in each other. So lost they didn't hear Mason's footsteps on the floor above.

   "Mandy I got you your...." Mason's words died with the sound of Mandy's surprised gasps. Zach immediatly turned his body in towards Mason keeping Mandy behind him. Once again he was acting as her shield.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Mason yelled stupidly. Obviously he was here for Mandy. He was going to take her home and never let him hurt her again. A possesive growl escaped Zach's lips. Mandy found it both scary and extremely attractive.

Mason looked the same as he did before. His eyes were the same durty brown shadowed by long dark lashes. His cheeks were fluhed red. Wisps of brown hair fell angeled farther down in his face looking more Justin bierber than crazed psycho. Unlike before his body was a little more muscled and his voice was wavering less than when Zach saw him last. From that moment when he shot Brittany and took one of the only people he has ever truly cared about away.

Instead of answering Zach lunged him. The moment their bodies made contact Mandy screamed out.

"STOP!" She cried at the bundle of boys who tumbled to the floor in a heap of flailing limbs. Neither of them thre a punc they were too busy wrestling for dominance. Grunts echoed from the struggling boys and all Mandy could do was yell at them to stop.

While Mandy has never really been the one to sit back and let a fight happen or to be that girl who calls out for them to stop instead of making them stop, at this moment she was too paralyzed to react. Their bodies grappled in the small space.

She reached down and grabbed at Zach's shoulder trying to pull him off of Mason.

"LET GO!" She wailed once more. Neither of them listened but their grips on each other did loosen just enough for Mandy to pull Zach away causing him to stumple back with force. Mason lay groaning against the floor, his eyes fluttered open and closed against the pain of where his head made contact witth the floor.

Ignoring Zach's pleas to leave this place Mandy knelt down next to Mason's squirming figure.

"Get away from him!" Zach demanded. All Mandy could do was scream. She pulled Mason up between her legs. Tears scorched Mason's eyes then pooled over in endless weeps. Her arms wrapped around him protectivly. Mason shifted sideways so his body was wrapped up deeper in her arms as he continued to cry. With eah gentle stroke of her hand through his hair Mandy soothed him down. Each of them were lost in each. Desperatly they clung to one another While Zach stood there watching the whole scene. Shellshocked.