7. Chubby

"Lisa, wake up." Zayn groaned. I opened my eyes and yawned, whining at the time.

"What?" I asked him, holding the comforter. I was ready to pull it over my head and go back to sleep.

"Get dressed," he hissed in a low voice, looking around us.

"Why?" I sat up straight, confused at his whispering and looking around.

"Just get dressed." I got out of bed and did as he told. I grabbed the few clothes he had gotten me and picked out a pair of pants and a shirt. My movements were slow, much to Zayn's disliking. He was obviously in a hurry. My wound ached as I struggled with pulling on my shirt but I finally managed it.

"C'mon," Zayn instructed and grabbed my hand. He entwined our fingers and tugged me along with him. After telling me to keep my mouth shut he opened the door to my hospital room and looked around. He pulled me out after him and we made our way down the hall.

"Bend down," I did as told and we crawled, slowly and painfully, past the reception. Well out the doors we were able to stand up again. I ripped my hand away from Zayn's.

"What the hell was that for?" I whisper-yelled at him, realizing we had just snook out of the hospital, something that was illegal.

"We're getting breakfast," Zayn opened the door to his car for me. "Get in." I didn't.

"We can get breakfast here. We don't have to break the rules." I shook my head., Zayn sighed and grabbed my waist.

"Don't even dare to tell me you prefer that shit ass food. We can go to that place you love, the one with the pancakes." He suggested. The offer made my mouth water, I loved that place so much.

"Okay," I agreed. Zayn placed his lips on mine for a short kiss and we got into his car. The drive was long and silent. I was still mad at Zayn for making me come with him, but I loved the thrill that came along with it too.

"Let's get you some real food." He grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him, not remembering my wound. It was not until he said that I realized what a kind gesture this was from him. He broke the rules just so I didn't have to eat the disgusting hospital food. 

We sat down at a booth and looked over the menu. A waiter soon came and took our orders. His smile was big and his eyes lingered a little to long on me, something that Zayn wasn't too happy about. 

"I'm going to bash his head in." He told me. 

"No, you won't." I argued. I didn't want him to start a fight. The least I needed was for him to be in jail right now. We didn't have the money to bail him out. 

"Yes. Yes, I will." Zayn glared at the waiter as he served other people. I was surprised at how many people was here at this hour. I grabbed Zayn's hand. 

"Look, Zayn, I love you. He means nothing to me." I raised my brows at him and squeezed his hand. He breathed a sigh and nodded, silently agreeing not to beat the guy up.

"Here you go," the waiter brought our food and drinks. Zayn had a coke and three pancakes with bacon, his usual. I had a coke too, but I had four pancakes. All four of them with melted cheese and ham inside. 

Zayn shot me a look at the amount of food I was devouring as I shovelled in. I had been eating hospital crap for a really long time. I deserved to have some real food. If I wanted to get fat I could get fat.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head, "nothing." 

At least he didn't say anything this time. He would always comment on my eating and body. 

"Are you sure you're going to eat all of that?" Zayn asked, gesturing to my second plate of food. "I mean, it is your second and the portion is quite big." I looked down. 

"Well, yeah." I mumbled and pushed at my food with the fork I was holding.

"No offense, Lisa. But you are becoming quite chubby." He told me in a hushed whisper. My hands fell to my stomach, feeling the fat. 

"Oh," I didn't know what to say. 

"I just thought you should know," Zayn reasoned. I shook my head slowly, fighting tears. I still hadn't lifted my gaze from the table. 

"No, no. Thank you for being honest." I said and excused myself to go the bathroom. When I got back I tried to ignore Zayn's pitiful look as he ate up all of his food. I helped him with the dishes and he drove me home. We still hadn't moved in together. 

"Lisa, wake up." My mom's skinny and warm hands shook me awake. 

"Five more minutes, mom." I begged and rolled over, trying desperately to fall back into my peaceful sleep. 

"No. Your brother's downstairs making breakfast for you." I shot up at the mention of him. He was here? 

I rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen, not giving a shit that I was only wearing a t-shirt, and jumped onto my brother's back. He stumbled and I jumped down, hugging him when he turned. I nuzzled my head into his neck and sighed. 

"When did you come back?" I asked him. I should probably let go, seeing as the food was getting burnt, but I didn't.

"This morning. I wanted to surprise you." He smiled, pulling away from me to turn the oven off. 

"I missed you," I hugged him again, earning a laugh from him.

"I missed you too," a camera clicked from beside me and I turned my head to see my mother taking pictures. I asked her why and she told me it was because this was so rare. I stuck my tongue out at her. 

"What did you make?" I asked Mike, my brother, as he placed three plated on the table. 

"Pancakes," he placed the delicious food on the table and sat down. I reached out a hand and grabbed one, placing it on my plate. I was just about to dig in when Zayn's words rang through my mind. 

"You are becoming quite chubby."  I pushed the food away from me slightly and only ate half of it. When asked about it I told them I was not feeling all too well. 

I didn't eat for three days.

"We are going to get into so much trouble." I sighed, swinging mine and Zayn's intertwined hands. He laughed. 

"Not if they don't catch us," I unlatched our hands and climbed into his car. 

"I love you." I told him, stroking the stubble that formed on his jaw. 

"I love you too." His lips smashed against mine in a three-minute make-out session. 

We drove back to the hospital after that, jamming to our favorite songs when they came on the radio. It almost made me forget Zayn's look.

(Can I get 17 votes and 8 comments for next chapter?)