Chapter 17: The Breakout and Some Extra Luggage

Lucy's POV

I've been here a couple of days but it feels like an eternity. Everyday, two people are taken from their cages and dragged from the dark room. When they come back and are questioned by the rest of us, they curl up into a ball, rock back and forth and refuse to answer. It makes me wonder what terrors ly behind the door of our prison.

I was sleeping when I was dragged out of my cage. I woke with a start and followed behind the people who dragged me out in the first place wordlessly. They seemed startled by my calmness because usually, everyone kicks and screams at them, pleading to be free and see their mates and pups.

When we had almost at the door, I shoved the man in front of me. He stumbled forward, hitting the edge of the door frame and fell, unmoving, to the floor. The other man, took out a cane of what appears to be silver and was about to hit me with it but was tripped up by someone in a cage at his feet.

I pocked up the stick with the bottoms of my t-shirt over my hands and threw it into a dark corner of the room. I got the keys from the pocket of one of the men and was about to escape when O heard a small voice say "Please don't leave us"

I turned around to see a small girl with long, ash blonde hair staring at me with her big blue eyes, pleading me not to go without them all. I looked from the door to the keys and then to the girl. I let out a frustrated moan before beginning to unlock the cages.
*
*
*
*
*
*

When finally everyone was out if the cages and a few "Thank You" 's were shared, J crept up to the door. I put one ear against it and held up my hand to the others, signalling silence. I listened intently for any signs that anyone was out there.

Silence.

I signalled for the others to follow me as I opened the door and stepped out. I walked down the hallway to my right and continues straight until I saw a patch of light coming from a door on my left. I put my ear, yet again, against the door and listened.

Again silence.

I walked through the door and stepped out into a forest.

Luke's POV

No one has seen Lucy and it's really making me worry. After we dealt with the Rouges, we found out Cody and some other girl had set up solan to take over the pack. I've been pacing the house like a cages animal, desperate for news about my mate.

Just as I was about to lose hope, Patrick came sprinting in, out of breath and sweaty.

"What is it?" I asked him. He held up a finger, signalling me to give him a minute. I waited impatiently for him to catch his breath, tapping my foot against the wooden floor.

When he eventually caught his breath, he said the one thing I had been wanting to hear for hours.

"We found her"

QOTD: What's your favourite book?

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

<3 Angel xxx