Resolution (girlxgirl)

I .

There she was. Standing in the corridor looking down at a crumpled sheet of white paper, people racing around her in a hurry as she stood there like she was the only girl in the world. Her dark blonde hair framing her face as she held her fringe out the way so she could see what she was reading, her black bag hanging delicately over one shoulder. She looked up from the paper her silver-grey eyes darting around the long narrow corridor, people dispersing through doors that aligned the hallway.

"You joining us any time soon Miss Jaymes?" The tutor asked making me look away from the estranged girl.

"Sorry." I muttered taking my assigned seat at the back of the classroom facing the projection on the white background as he went to dim the lights and close the door. There was a light rap on the door as he just sat down at his desk causing him to roll his eyes at the late incomer, he heaved himself up from the chair walking along the front of the desks to the door.

"And who may you be?" He asked in a bored voice to the person standing in the door way, I leaned my head on my crossed arms looking for the person to enter the room.

"I've been told I have a lesson here." A small female voice answered.

"Name?"

"Jessie."

"Pick an empty seat, any seat is fine." He said moving out the way to allow her to enter the room before shutting the door.

I lifted my head up slowly to watch the blonde haired girl, she kept her head down as she chose the spare seat infront of my table, while the teacher made his way back to the desk starting the film. I watched as she dropped her bag lightly onto the tiled floor, leaning back into her seat as she played with the silver ring on her finger before looking back up to pay attention to the film being played. I heard a soft sigh come from her as she looked to her left side, staring at the other people on her row. One boy meeting her gaze holding it in place before she looked away, down at her desk a soft smile on her face as she looked back up to the film. The boy continuing to gaze at her in a day dream like she was the most interesting thing on the earth.

I looked over at the teacher marking the attendance register as he thoughtfully nodded to himself, looking up my way towards the new girl then back down.