We are Young and We are Strong

Selene

It’s been three years since Andy’s beautiful announcement that he was in love with me. I had an amazing little boy who looked just like Max. I even named him after his father. Andy and I had a little girl a year in a half later. We name her Shyanne Willow Biersack.

The kids were good kids. Max is now two and Shyanne is now one. Andy and I have been planning our wedding for the last eight months and the day was coming closer and closer.

I started to get really nervous about it. I mean I’m in love with my fiancée and he saved me from myself. He is my knight in shining armor. I’m just scared I might be making a mistake.

I decided to talk to Katie about what I was afraid of. So I got in my car and went to her house. I got out and rang the doorbell.

 “Hey Selene, is everything ok?” Vic asked me answering Katie’s door.

 “Hey Vic, yeah everything is fine. Is Katie home?” I said wondering why he was asking that knowing why I was coming over here.

 “Yeah she’s in the bedroom do you need to talk to her?” He asked me. This time looking like he knew something was going on.

“That is kind of why I came over here.” I said wondering what it was that he knew.

“Ok well follow me.” He said the look on his face changed from knowing to a serious we need to talk face.

I walked into Katie’s room and everyone was there. Mike and his newest girlfriend, Jaime and his wife, Tony and Stephanie, Katie’s brother, Craig and even Max. I began to worry about what it was that was going on. Katie was lying down in her bed with everyone else in chairs. Vic sat next to Katie and they both told me to sit down. At that moment I knew it was an intervention. An intervention about Andy and me getting married maybe even before we are ready. I am just wondering why here why now.

 “Selene, this isn’t what this looks like. Everyone here just has something they want to tell you before you decide to get married. This is not an intervention. I promise you and if it turns into one by my order everyone will leave.” Katie said to me always knowing what I was thinking.

“Ok if that’s all it is then I will sit here and listen.” I stated letting them know if it turns into an intervention I am walking out that door and not coming back.

“Ok well let’s let Max, go first.” Katie said. I hadn’t talked to Max since I told him I was having his son. I was nervous to see what he had to say.

“Well I want to start off with I am happy to see you Selene I have missed you. I am also happy that our little boy is alive and healthy. Congratulations on the baby girl. I just wish that maybe you could have waited for me a little while longer. I didn’t leave you for good I just had to get myself together after the baby died. I love you Selene and I always will. You were the only girl I even thought about getting married to. I am glad you finally found happiness and that you are ready to settle down with a guy like Andy. I hope he treats you well. I think that’s it.” Max said with a tear running down his cheek and with a force of habit I wiped it away letting him know that I was proud of him and so was his son.

 “Craig, do you want to go next? Tell Selene what you truly feel and think about her marrying Andy.” Katie said and I braced myself for the worst things my brother could say.

“Baby sister, you know I am glad you are finally happy. I know that Andy has saved you from hurting yourself again and for that I am very grateful. I love you. You are my little sister and I just want you to be happy. It seems like Andy makes you happy. So if he makes your happy then I am happy.” Craig said.