Another Author's Note

Sorry about this author's note, I know I promised but it was important I addressed a big issue.

Warning spoiler alert. Read after reading Chapter 3.

Okay a few people have commented on the similarity between my book and the ending of Wildfire, I genuinly didn't read the ending, so I had no idea what was the similair parts. Then somebody 'kindly' informed me and yeah I can see why some people may think I have stolen some ideas.

First off, her father is actually missing, her uncle is the who gave her the injection and it wasn't to torture her or alter her mind state, it was just to stop something from happeneing. Hint: read the ending of chapter 1. Like actually read the book.

Secondly the flashback was just to help you, the reader, realise that she wasn't a cold blooded killer, and she did have a heart and that she wasn't a believer of the 'humans are a superior species' crap. She wants to take down the 'order' form the inside. Jason the kid she tried to help isn't actually dead and he will play a very small part later.

She didn't want to help him, to save him because she cared for him. It was kind of selfish, she didn't want to kill someone. She didn't want to have someones blood on her hands.

Thirdly, my style of writing is that I put in the thoughts Verity has at the back of her mind, her subconciousness in italics and I kind of write in choppy sentences when Verity's mentally stressed. I had done it before in that chapter and at the end of the previous one.

I'm kind of annoyed that I have to explain that because it means the true meaning of the plot isn't conveyed to you, the reader.

I really don't want people to read my story and come away from it with only one thought, 'Wow, that sounds similair to the chapter of this book, etc'

I won't swear and curse at the people who accuse me of stealing, because it's kind of sad and pathetic but I won't take any more accusations. I've said my bit. If you still think I'm copying I can't force you to think differently and believe me, but I won't take comments or private messages to me about similarities.

If you don't believe me report me. But do not accuse me again.

P.S I've had to upload Chapter 3 before it was ready and so you again have half of a chapter, sorry. I was trying to dispel the whole 'she's copied from another book' theory by giving you more of the story to make the differenves more obvious.

Enjoy reading.