Chap 3

Oh fuck, fuck, fuck fuck fuck!

How? How could I have done that?

There were other ways to escape. I can’t go back. I can’t go back now. Not after that.

There’s no way in hell or heaven that they wouldn’t have noticed that. Even to an average human it would have looked like I vanished. But not those two; they would have caught me speeding off. I’m done for.

I have to find a way to leave tonight.

No, you have to complete your task.

I cant, I just can’t. It’s too late. Someone else will have to do.

There is no one else, they’ve all gone. You are the only one left.

Argh! Why did I have to do that?

You should have stayed calm.

No, I tried. I failed. It was too strong. I could have died. I can’t. I can’t risk that. Not after what everyone else sacrificed. I CANT LET THEM ALL GO IN VAIN!

“I’ll finish what I came for”

*knock *knock “Camille? It’s Caroline”

Camille opened the door. Caroline stood there with a large, and expensive looking, shopping bag.

Caroline frowned “hey, are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m just fine”

“You don’t look so well, and you did miss the whole day of school”

That’s right; I’ve spent the whole day worrying. I need to get on with the plan.

“Are you sure you’re alright Camille?”

“Yes, I’m feeling great” Camille said

“Well now that that’s sorted” Caroline threw the bag out over the table. “Let’s get you ready for tonight!”

“Tonight?”

“Yes tonight! Its how you pay me back for the other day”

Camille smiled. Caroline was so easy to be around.

“Come on then! You need to get ready”

10 minutes later Camille had dressed in the clothes Caroline had ‘lent’ her.

“Ooh, you look so gorgeous!”

“Do I?”

“Oh don’t act like you don’t know, you always look perfect all the time; it’s demonic”

Camille flinched but laughed it off. After all; this is how friends bond, isn’t it?

“I can see it already; we are going to be the talk of the party: two sexy girls in matching dresses.”

“That’s all well, but do the dresses have to be so revealing?”

“Of course it does! This is a Locke party.”

“What!?”

“Come on Camille, you may not like Griffin but I’m sure you’ll love the party-”

“I’m not going Caroline”

“What? why?”

“I’m not going Caroline, and that’s that”

“Why?”

“Caroline. Why would I attend a party hosted by the one child I’ve been avoiding for the past week?”

“Everybody’s going?”

“Well I’m not the same as everyone! Am I?”

“Just because you have Griffin around your finger it doesn’t make you better than me”

“This isn’t about you Caroline-”

“Hmmph, we never talk about me; or anything worthwhile! It’s like I don’t even know who you are Camille?”

Caroline cut Camille off.

“This party will be a good chance for us to bond. And besides it’ll be fun.”

“Caroline-”

Camille stood absently as Caroline continued to socialise with various strangers.

“Caroline.”

“Yes Camille?”

“Why did I agree to this?”

“Because it’s fun” Caroline laughed

“I’m getting another drink”

Camille sighed; she’d been guilt-ed into another event by Caroline. She’s only known the girl for a few days; how could she possibly have such persuasive power over her?

Camille lifted the cup. The Punch smelled sweet. It was strangely familiar?

That scent? That sweet aroma; it’s in this building.

Camille dropped the drink and rushed into the house. It was quieter inside.

Upstairs; it’s coming from above. What is it? It’s the same as that one time. And then that time again with Griffin. That small hint of something sweet; it wasn’t him at all. It was something in this house.

I can smell it clearly now. It’s getting stronger. I’m so close.

Camille paused at a door.

It’s behind here; the source. But, should I look? It’s not a part of my mission, but, but I want to know. Why is it here? Why is it so familiar? Why do I crave it so?

Camille pushed gently on the door. The scent wafted out of the crack. It filled Camille’s lungs.

“HEY!”

Camille stopped. She was reminded of her location; and her current role.

“HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD?”

“I’m sorry, I-” Camille began.

Griffin Locke stood in front of Camille, wearing seductively loose attire.

“I-” Camille gawked at this boy, he looked so, so delectable. Stop it, you've already fed recently, you don’t need this Camille.

“Camille” he smiled walking in front of her; blocking the door “how nice to see you’re well”

This guy, what is he hiding? After I was so close, I can’t just let him stop me so casually. But, it isn’t needed, I shouldn’t act rashly; again.

“We were so worried; you had a fit all of a sudden and ended up missing school”

“We?” was all Camille could think of.

“Yes, both of us” Lucian stepped out of the shadows “We were overwhelmed with worry, especially after how you disappeared

Are they playing with me?

Camille chocked quietly; she really couldn’t stand to be around both twins at the same time.

“Come Griffin, we’re going to miss the party”

“Give me a minute” he said quietly as he advanced on Camille.

A/N: i'm back; to make more uneeded comments

Enjoy the story - but not too much. Be sure to speculate what will heppen next between Griffin and Camille.

Also, the chapters just seen to be getting shorter and shorter...