ѕмσℓ вєαи

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

Mom was talking to some employees inside the Nagoya Sports Complex. I looked around and saw several figure skaters practicing on the ice. Their ages ranged from little kids around four years old to adults nearing 20's to 30's, I wasn't exactly sure. Nevertheless, I immediately loved it here as I saw the coaches diligently focusing on their respective skaters.

"Elana," Mom called out to me. I noticed a middle-aged Japanese woman standing beside her, looking at me.

I immediately came over.

"This is my daughter, Elana," Mom introduced me, smiling at the other woman.

"Hello." I smiled, shaking hands with the woman.

"Hi," a heavily accented tone replied. "I'm Omura Arisu. I will be Coach. Coach Omura."

"Oh! Nice to meet you, Coach." I smiled again before giving a slight bow.

"Nice to meet you too." Coach Omura smiled and bowed as well. Her accent was heavy and the words were slightly stiff, but I understood what she was saying.

From what I gathered following our conversation, Mom was able to contact the skating club beforehand. She asked around and requested a coach who could understand and speak in English, at least, enough English to be able to communicate.

Mom discussed some things with Coach Omura for a bit before finally leaving me in her hands.

"Well, I'll be going. Ela, don't leave this place until your Dad or I come to pick you up later, alright?"

"Ok, Mom."

"Ok, I'll see you later. Love you." Mom kissed my cheek.

"Love you too." I smiled, waving at her.