~9~ The Word 'Real' and The Flight

This chapter is dedicated to ComforablyPlump who has been nothing but supportive (again, thank you so much for the recommendation!) and to whom I can count on to give me feedback. Thank you so much! *hugs* ;)

With that said... Oh My Gosh! Over 300 reads and 24 votes! Thank you so much! Cupcakes for everyone! *hands out cupcakes*

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________

~This is where I lose myself, when I keep running away from you.~

-Red

Real. That word echoed in Kalia's mind, bouncing off of the walls and sending loud reminders all throughout her head.

It haunted her.

Real... No! It was impossible! ....Wasn't it?

'You're an idiot aren't you?'

She stared blankly at the space the boy had just occupied. The space that was now empty. The place where he had vanished. Ceased to exist.

'You truly believe that I am not real. That I'm... What? A figment of your imagination?'

Ceased to exist... And yet when he had been close to her... Kalia closed her eyes, taking in shallow breaths as he mind screamed at her not to go there. ...When he had been close to her she could have sworn she had felt his heat, had felt his breaths on her ear... Had smelled him. An intoxicating mix of mint and something that Kalia couldn't name. Something that sent her nerves ablaze, that made her hair stand on on, that made her heart race...

She shook her head harshly. No! That was impossible! Because if she could feel him, if she could smell him, sense him... Her breaths became fast and harsh as panic clamped around her heart like a tight fist, making her stagger back as her eyes flitted around wildly.

'No, I don't believe I am.'

Kalia lifted her shaking hands to her head, sliding them into the hair there before tightening her hands into fists, pulling her hair harshly as if to awaken her to a world were this didn't happen. Where she would be a normal girl, with a normal life. Where she didn't see apparitions, or delusions or what ever the hell you wanted to call them.

'But, sweetheart... I am.'

She bolted out of the kitchen, sending the door into the wall harshly with a loud 'bang!' the sound echoing around her as she ran down the hallway and into the large entrance hall where she proceeded to flee to the door, clawing at the locks as her eyes flitted around her in panic as if expecting something to jump out at her; which in reality she was.

Kalia heard the last click of the lock and with a surge of relief she thrust the large door open, fleeing down the steps and down the driveway and into the woods without a care in the world for the fact that she was barefoot, nor for the fact that it was beginning to get dark out.

~xoxoXOXoxox~

Okay, Kalia thought, this was really not well thought out at all. She looked around warily, hoping to god to see something familiar that would lead her back to the mansion only to see nothing but trees, and plants.

Now that she was away from the mansion and had a chance to get out her panic and frustration she was beginning to see just how ridiculous this had been. What had she been thinking running off into the woods -which she had no idea how to get out of- without any shoes on -she was pretty sure she had at least two gashes by now- and when it was just getting dark?!

Oh good job Kalia, a chiding voice mocked. You've officially escaped the boy from the mansion, who was wasn't even that scary by the way, but how are you going to escape the monsters out here?

As if to prove the voice's point a long howl sounded of in the woods, making Kalia jump in terror. Nightfall was coming fast and Kalia knew that if she didn't find her way home soon, she would have to find out the answer to that question. The hard way.

She shivered as she glanced around her once more.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I still feel bad for making you guys wait so long for the other chapter so I decided to update early. With that said, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a comment and tell me what you think! Also, I'm considering putting the next chapter in Adrian's POV... What do you guys think?

~Peace, Love, Unity, Respect.~

;3

~FragileDreams