Chapter Four

Chapter four

I walk into the large castle remembering those days where I used to play outside of them hoping that one day I will get to rule inside that castle. It was destiny as Micas once told me when he found out I was to be Luna now that the ones before never had children. I was happy that I would be the next leader to the pack I love and maybe later find the one for me. I never in a million years would think that the person destined to me mine was not to be the one who has my love. I sit on my bed grabbing the journal Micas gave to me telling me that it is where all my secrets can be told without anyone but me can look at. I never understood why Micas was so close to me or why Lucas would look away whenever I talked to him. I begin to write...

Today was a good day, a day like any other day filled with duty and Catalina do this and Catalina what do you think. I never knew that being Luna could be so exhausting! I should have never agreed to this but now there is no turning back I have been Luna for half a century and I need to show them that they can count on me to destroy the Vamps who think they are so classy and powerful just because they have eternal life but they are dark creatures that feed off humans to survive...I have tried human blood but I simply prefer animal because they have a much more balanced diet. I can't even think anymore...I need time to come up with a plan to stop them from taking over I am so close to coming up with one. I need to they are coming to the city and that is never good there are families there and all...I will write soon but for now I keep you locked up behind my closet nobody knows where you are but me. Like Micas said this is where all my secrets can be told and no one will ever know.

Catalina.

                        ***

    I am back sweet journal and this time I have great news I met the man that will forever be mine but destiny has a way of giving me what I don't desire like being a Luna I know longer desire it because it is full with a bunch of whiney pups! I have already met my mate and they man I am talking about is not him...his name is Victor and he is...well a Vampire I know several days ago, I was cursing them but now I absolutely adore him...he is nothing of what Lucas or Micas or even the elders have told me. Lucas is my mate but I don't love him not like I love Victor, I don't know if I am ready to love now I don't want to risk my pack getting hurt...I am seeing him again today my maids are going out so I am going to sneak by and meet him by the waterfall. I hear the maids I must go now! Love? Love!

Love,

Catalina

I fix my dress waiting for the maids to come "You" I point at the girl "Take me with you I need to do some errands" I tell her my heart racing "Aren't the guards supposed to come with you?" I shake my head "They are too busy...As your Luna I command you to take me" She bows her head making me smile "Good. Now let's go"

I make my way to the car but the maid stops me "No, we have orders to use the wagon" I force a smile, I never thought I would ride one again. We make a stop along the way and I use that time to hop of the wagon and sneak off to the nearest place we both know.

"Victor"

"Catalina"

The most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me was right in front of me by the water where a cushion was placed, candles were everywhere and a nice warm meal was prepared. "Oh, my love how I missed you" I told him kissing him "I missed you too Catalina" He murmurs smiling down at me "We have little time" He tells me bringing me to the cushion. "I know, I know there will never be enough time"

I don't understand what is happening I thought he understood how I felt and why I am giving up something that can change everything. Am I not entitled to my own happiness? Why does it seem like I am supposed to always put others before me? I know I am their leader, their Luna but they need to understand my needs too. Lucas needs to understand my needs...I need Victor and his opposition is not helping the situation what so ever. I don't understand truly why would the moon goddess send me Lucas when she knows I will encounter Victor and fall madly in love. In times like these I wish I were human...at least they have a choice.

With love,

Catalina

                        ***

I am meeting him again today by the waterfall like always...I am getting very good at making up excuses to leave the castle even though Lucas doesn't like it one bit and gets very angry when I come home smelling a bit different. I am not stupid of course so I rub myself with things from the market surrounding myself in those odors before returning to the castle but he can still tell and he is my mate after all no matter how much I don't want him to be. I must go I will write back soon writing makes me feel relieved.

Catalina

                        ***

He loves me! And he has told his 'pack' or whatever a large group of vampires are called and they are thrilled to be combined with the wolves since they believe it will bring them more power so they can overrule humans but I told them that is not our plan. I plan on living in harmony but they don't like it Victor said getting worried that we won't be together. I hugged him and kissed him making him forget the situation for a while. That was the best night of my entire existence.

Love,

Catalina

                        ***

I rejected Lucas now that I have been with Victor I can't keep pretending to be in love with him because I am not. Lucas isn't powerful like Victor who can kill anything in an instant or as handsome. If I want to be the powerful ruler for my pack I must be with a powerful person and that is Victor not Lucas who takes my every command like the fool, he is being in love with a woman like me. Even if it was destiny I couldn't see it. I hope he gets a second chance in finding his one and only.

Catalina

I told the pack about my relationship with Victor they were not happy since me being with Victor means Lucas won't be Alpha and they would have to take orders from a red eyed vampire. I can't believe they would do this to me I am their ruler and they shall obey me and my wishes, I will help them I promise I don't know why I must makes this promise maybe it's to myself or maybe it is proof that I intend nothing but good intentions.

Love,

Catalina

                        ***

I am sorry I haven't written in a long time...the situation is complicated now...I don't understand how all of this can happen. I thought he loved me but no he loved my power and status nothing more, nothing less. How could I be so stupid? I had a good man in my hands now that I realized how good Lucas was to me even after I rejected him he still spoke to me somewhat. We have so much to catch up on! I am not living with a human who I trust very much on the run from Victor...Lucas wanted me to leave he told me he will take care of it all and the pack forgave me for my mistake erasing all I did in the past. The vampires are angry and now more that they know I have a hybrid child inside me. Victor wants our daughter but I won't let him have her because he only wants her for power and nothing more. I am now with Matilda for the time being while I recover from my pregnancy Lucas told me before I left that when I come back if he is still alive that he will treat Morgan like his own. Yes, her name is Morgan isn't I lovely! In situations like these she is my hope, my love, my strength.

Forever yours in hiding.

Catalina

                        ***

Morgan is a year old which means I can leave to fix the mess I made...I am sad to leave her even though now I know what my duty is. I am their Luna and it is time I start acting like one...If I don't return I know Morgan will grow to be powerful and courageous the woman I never was even though I am hoping to change that. I leave tears falling down my face but I know it is for the greater good of humanity.

If we meet again,

Catalina