Tin Man

To sum things up a bit, Dorothy and I found out we were in a place called Oz and the house had killed the Wicked Witch of the East. When the Wicked Witch of the West came, Dorothy found herself wearing the ruby slippers and I was wearing the Witch's stripped stockings (which actually looked very nice on me).

Anyway, we were sent off on our way to see the Wizard and came upon a corn field where we met a talking scarecrow who wanted a brain. He seemed like a pretty nice guy so Dorothy and I took him along with us. Even though he wasn't human, I could sense a chemistry between him and Dorothy and I smiled secretly.

~

At the sight of blood red apples, Dorothy and Scarecrow ran over to some trees while I stood back, a little unsure. When Dorothy and Scarecrow started picking up thrown apples, I rolled my eyes and calmly approached the trees.

"Excuse me, may I have on if your delicious apples?" The tree who spoke first froze and looked at me. "Delicious? My apples?" "Why of course, I wouldn't be asking if they weren't." He seemed to smile as he handed me one. "Now that's the right way to ask for apples." I smiled with a polite nod and took a hearty bite.

While I took my time eating, I noticed my traveling friends had come upon a man made of tin. As they oiled him up and he started to sing, I noticed his eyes which were a lovely shade of blue and his voice struck a pleasant cord inside me.

When he finally finished, he spotted me and froze. I smiled bashfully and his mouth slowly opened as a runt color appearing on his cheeks as a blush.

"Hi." He smiled warmly. "Well hello." "Oh I almost forgot, this is my sister Felicia, Felicia this is Tin Man." Dorothy said. She bounced over and pulled me forward, right up to his rusty chest.

When I curtsied, he smiled sweetly. "What a delightful child." He said before taking my hand and kissing it lightly. I took one look at the oil lip print he left and flushed a deep crimson.

"Now now lets not get too close so soon." Dorothy said. "We hardly know one another and they'll be plenty of time to talk on the way to the Wizard."

"If it means getting to know Felicia better, I wouldn't find if it took us the whole day." I giggled at Tin Man's comment, trying in vain to hide my furious blush. "Why what a gentleman you are." I said. "Only to lovely lady worth talking to." I giggled again.

Just then, the Wicked Witch appeared and after a quick threat tossed a fireball before Scarecrow. We were both frightened, for I had a fear of fire as well, and when Tin Man put it out, I accidentally sighed and he cast me a wink.

In the end, I was overjoyed he decided to come with us and we all gleefully skipped down the yellow brick road, singing carelessly 'cause we had each other.