"You don't know what's it like to be in love, Stark!"

• Dedicated to the few people who actaully enjoy this

A Story I wrote with a friend a few months ago.

Plot: After the battle of New York ( Marvel The Avengers) But pre Iron Man 3

Clint Barton took a break off, out of S.H.I.E.L.D combat exams out of recruits. Having issues with his nerves, he opened the door out to the back building and took the thick trunk of tobacco by his index and middle finger fir the grasp. Taking a strong whiff out of the core, later on releasing the fog out of his lungs.

Antoinette Stark came to a slow halt in her mark 6 iron woman suit before the repulsers quit her flight, allowing her to land swiftly on the rooftop. Not long after did J.A.R.V.I.S release her from the suit of red and gold. Calmly walking out, Stark did her best to straighten her slightly sodded blue shirt from oil and patted her sweat pants of dust. She needed a few days out of her bunker basement from weeks of solitude. Toni’s eyes turned to the rising misty air of smoke from the near side of the roof. Walking over with pace, she smirked when she found the archer. Leaning her head of the side, the brunette relived her moment of being an Avenger. She had given much thought of the later months, but felt little guilt of disconnecting from them.

“You know,” Toni finally spoke, reviling her pace above him. “That stuff isn’t too good for you.”

“Tell me something I don’t know.” He was less then proud that the female robotic user would underestimate such relief. Clint hates her cockiness, but she was a true friend, not forgettable. “What’s new Stark?” He crossed his arms, hoping for valuable response.

“Hiding from this freak show, but alas, all good things much come to an end once Fury finds your basement full of donuts and illegal tech. So now my “death sentence” is, I am to support the Avengers once more.” Toni said with a heavy sigh as she walked down the steel stair the began to rust with age, to level herself with him.

“Like my tobacco by my hand, I’ll take my chances for the trouble.” He followed Toni around the building in the direction for the Mother Control Room. Expecting to see Director Fury, he got to see one of his alternative lovers. Ex, of course.

“What’s the deal between this agent and Natasha?” Clint asked in a low tone over to Toni. He saw them bickering of all sorts.

Toni looked over to the agent standing and yelling that could be heard form clear across the room. Seemed like drama. Drama Toni didn’t want to get into when she had much more important things to do.  She wanted to chance the topic, or act like she didn’t know what they were talking about.

“Hm, I don’t really speak fluent woman 'bitching',” Which was mostly true. Toni never got too dressed up, other than meeting and press calls. She never worried about what she looked like or what she wearied.  Mr. Potts, her assistant would usually nag her into the dolled up look.

“But Ill try to translate.” Stark acts like she gives them a few glances, some to Natasha, then to the other agent who was making really rude remarks.

“Something about who needs to go on the mission. Seemingly important teams are divided and the agent doesn’t seem to agree much with Romanoff’s plan. Looks to me like a near suicide mission.” Stark cocks and eyebrow as she turns on her heels to Barton. “What’s going on? Something Big?”

Barton felt his heart in relief, the man was decent with enough body appearance, he thought something else was happening between the redhead assassin and the agent. Jealousy? He denied it, of course, like any man would. “Uh…No. Thanks Toni” He nodded, feeling a little sad in his deep heart, feeling like he was going to hurl his heart out of place.

“See I told you I couldn’t speak fluent…. Whatever that is! I speak the way of my tools and tech.” Toni said with a sigh, rolling her eyes. Good, she thought to herself. Manage to avoid couples drama for the first time. Ever.  She made her way over to the round table and took and took herself to sit down. Spinning the chair to face him, she made a quick glance at his face. Even know he was an agent, master at hiding all emotion, there was still some weak points, and she had picked up when working with SHIELD agents before, where she could read him like a book. Something depressing happened, Stark made a guess it was with him and Natasha Romanoff. She quickly tried to break the ice to regain more information. “Anything important happen when I was gone, Barton?”