•FIVE•

Everyone piled out onto the field after seventh period. Today was Wednesday, and we would practice our routine for Fridays game. I watched as the football players ran the track like they did everyday. I was able to spot Lukus wearing his jersey with the number 13 and Cole knitted on the back. I grinned at my brother as we made eye contact. He gave me a big grin before continuing on with running.

"Zo! Time to start practice!" Baley yelled in my ear as she shook me. I had gotten lost in my own world, I forgot about cheer.

"Right! Okay! Everyone, get into the start position for half time and we will begin from the top!" I called. Everyone raced to position as I hit play and ran to front.

I did my hand movements and my flips before we went into stunts. I did my needle perfectly and everyone landed the basket toss. We finished with a basic chant.

"Rangers you know what you got to do! You got to rock with the black and rooooooll with the white! Whoooo!" We all cheered as we shook our Pom poms in the air.

"Okay! Great job today girls! See you Thursday then on Friday for pep rally!" I called as they all rushed to the locker room. I turned around to see Lukus running to me. He was bright red and sweating.

"You looked great Zo!" He complimented my cheer skills.

"You did too! I can't wait for our first game in Friday!" I exclaimed. Baley was already in the locker room. I walked off the field and into the athletic hallway where all sports players hung out. "Go get dressed then we need to go home. Mom said we're having dinner with some of dads new friends. I'll explain what she told me later, just go get changed." I said shooing Lukus off. I went into the girls locker room where everyone was standing around gossiping.

What's new? I thought. Everyone always gossiped in the locker room. That was normal. But something was slightly odd about it this time. When I walked in, everyone went quiet. I shrugged it off, going to my locker. I pulled out my clothes I was wearing home as Baley appeared out of no where.

"Baley! Don't scare me like that." I exclaimed holding onto my chest. I walked around her to get to the showers when she tanked on my wrist.

"Zo! There's a rumor you and Brody are dating!" She whisper yelled. I stood frozen in place trying to figure out exactly what she had just told me.

Everyone thought Brody and I were dating? No way! I absolutely hate his guts! No way people thought that! How could they!

"How?" I stuttered. Baley pulled out her phone to reveal a photo of Brody and I in first period. It looked like we were holding hands. I was smiling and so was he. Okay. Now I understand why people would think we were dating. It actually looked as if we were a happy couple in this photo.

"Where did this come from?" I asked still shocked at the photo.

  "From someone's Snapchat. Earlier today." She explained as I continued to study the photo. If you looked close enough, you could tell my hand was hovering over his as I moved it.

  "Oh! This is from when we had to do a work sheet for Mrs. Marks and he took my pencil hostage. I moved my hand over his and they must have caught the photo at the perfect time." I explained the photo, recalling what I was doing in class today. Both of us found it pretty funny and that's why we're smiling.

  "Okay. But try explaining that to the whole school!" Baley yelled throwing her arms in the air. I rolled my eyes as I went to the shower.

  "It'll blow off just like every other rumor in high school." I said turning running to the shower. I stripped down and wrapped a towel around me. I slipped in, throwing the towel on the floor. I washed my hair and my body quickly, because I was running late and I'm sure Lukus was already done. I climbed out and dried off.