Chapter 2.

When I finally made it to work I was freezing. In the mornings it's usually cold, but I didn't think I would need a jacket. I huffed, pulling the door open. The little bell dinged from the door and my boss who was a very nice older lady appeared around the corner.

"Victoria! You look tired dear, I can whip you up a mocha if you'd like?" Her lips formed into a smile. She was very sweet, and she was beautiful with her shoulder length curly white hair and the wrinkles that spread across her face. She had a distinct dimple, and few freckles scattered on her face. I most definitely loved her green hazel eyes, and ever since she found out about my past she just couldn't say no. So she gave me the job, I liked it here. The place was small but clean, and the stools and booths reminded me of old ice cream shops. I nodded, "I would love that."

Once she left I walked into the back and threw on my apron. I looked up at the clock and only noticed that it was half past eight a.m. I didn't even know an old lady like Stella could drag their selfs out of bed this early. I rubbed my droopy eyes, yawning. I walked up in front behind the bar where people take their orders, and waited.
My eyes wondered outside with cars were already pulling up.

"Here you go darling! Drink it up, it's on me." She smiled setting it in front of me and softly patted my back. I forced a smile and when she left the door opened. A man walked in, he was wearing a black suit that fit his muscles, his dark brown hair was messy, but it suited him well.

"Black coffee pleases. Make it quick." His voice rang in my ears like music. "Of course." I mumbled turning around to make his coffee. For some reason I could feel his eyes wondering over me. I turned around to hand the flimsy cup to him but instead I rammed my foot into the counter flinging my arm out at him. The coffee spilt on his suit and I squealed. "I'm so sorry! Oh my gosh you must be so mad. Here I'll make you a new one, on me." I stuttered pulling out a bunch of napkins and giving him them.

For a moment he just looked at me, his green eyes piercing into mine. Instead he pulled out his wallet and handed me a ten, then taking the napkins he turned around without a word and strolled out of the shop. My mouth hung open in shock, as my eyes wondered down to the ten dollar bill laying in front of me. He didn't even say anything. He wasn't even mad. He gave me ten dollars without even taking a coffee?

I sighed pulling at my hair. Of course I have to screw everything up. Like always. I began cleaning up the coffee, and serving other customers.

Without spilling this time.

*************************************

[A/N] I'm sorry it turned out to be shorter than I had planned it to be. I will try my best to make the next one a bit longer. Thank you for reading!