Chapter 10:

The week goes by fast and soon it's Thursday and I'm sitting at home with Charlotte and watching Netflix. We decided that since no one else is home we'll watch in the lounge rather than my room.

Austin hasn't come to school since Monday. He texted me on Tuesday morning to say that if they ask me where he is, since I should know because I'm his 'girlfriend', I must say he's sick. I replied to him with a 'Where are you' but I didn't get a reply.

"Have you heard from Austin after the text he sent you?" Charlotte says bringing me back to reality. She knows the real story about what happened.

"No I haven't that was the last time." I say and then my phone beeps. I pick it up and it reads:

Austin King👑: Hey

Charlotte leans in to see who messaged and she says, "Speak of the devil and he shall appear."

I laugh and reply.

'Hey'

My phone starts ringing and I look at Charlotte. She says, "Answer it doofus." So I swipe my iPhone and answer.

"Hey" he says.

"Hi"

"Are you busy?"

"No, I'm watching Netflix with Charlotte at my house, why?"

"I need to talk to you." He says and it reminds me that I'm angry at him.

"Oh shit I forgot, I'm not talking to you."

"What? Why? Is this about Monday, I said I'm sorry Emma."

"No, no, not because of that. Because you just decide that you're going to go MIA and left me alone to deal with everyone at school plus you don't reply to any of my messages." I say. I turn and see Charlotte smirking at me. She raises and eyebrow and mutters softly, "I don't like him" and using her hands to showing quotations. She's quoting me. I roll my eyes.

"That's kinda what I wanted to talk to you about," he says. Just then the front door come in and there come Justin and Emmett. Justin had to go home with a friend because Malcom got caught up at work. And Emmett went to fetch him after school while Charlotte drove me and her straight to my house.

Justin comes running and jumps on my lap. "Ouch," I say because he kinda hurt me. Then he hugs me and then he turns his attention to the tv and sits back against me.

"What?" Austin says.

"Oh sorry, I was talking to Justin. Emmett and Justin just came home and Justin kinda jumped onto me."

He laughs, "Does this mean I can come fetch you?" I'm about to reply when Emmett says, "Who are you talking to?"

"I'm talking to Austin?"

"Oh is he feeling better?"

"Yeah he is and he's coming to fetch me now. We're going to get ice cream." I say.

"We are?" Austin says on the phone but only I can hear.

"Okay, but like..." he looks at Justin. "What do we do with it. Charlotte and I need privacy." Charlotte blushes.