× Chapter Twentyfour ×

Over the last six days Hayley had been locked away she had began hearing the music in the streets of New Orleans start up again. Hope had wondered the streets near the evening and watched the artists wave their brushes to create beautiful art. Watching the artists and the musicians in the cities streets made her feel calm. After she had gotten back from her little adventure she was confronted by a big meeting being held in a smaller room, much like the cellar room, just off from the main court. Hope walked in and leant up against the doorway. In the centre of the room, a smallish wooden table with two wooden chairs sat. Sitting on the chairs where the twins, Lizzy and Jocie.

"Hey Hope", Jocie piped up.

Hope stopped playing with her hairband on her wrist and looked up to face her friend. She gave her a soft smile.

"Hey", she replied quietly.

Jocie frowned at her.

"Whats up?", she began.

"So...", Alaric interrupted as he gently walked passed Hope in the doorway. Caroline followed shortly behind, "We should tell you whats going on"

The twins nodded their heads in unison.

Their mother knelt down between them and took their hands, looking at their soft brown eyes.

"Well, we need you to do some magic"

Jocie gasped, "But we're outside of school"

"Sure", Lizzy commented making up her mind.

The two both looked at eachother, frowning.

"Dark Magic to be more specific. We need you to harness it and be able to get my Uncle's memories back", Hope mentioned as she took a seat on one of the old creaky stools in the corner.

Jocie shook her head.

"We aren't allowed to do magic outside of school, let alone Dark Magic. Sorry", she said.

Alaric looked at his daughters.

"I wasn't exactly leaning towards the option girls, but I'm willing to let you use magic outside of the school just for this one purpose"

"I don't know", Jocie said again.

Lizzy crossed her arms.

"For gods sake Jocie, we're heretics. Our magic is powerful", she emphasised, "Let's do this, prove to mum and dad we are responsible"

As she finished her sentence Klaus came to the door, crossing his arms and leaning against the frame just as his daughter had done moments before.

"Well, little ones, I kind of need an answer now. My brothers upstairs..."

"Not knowing whats going on...yes, Klaus, we know, but they need time", Alaric interrupted again.

Klaus sighed and let his face fall into a neutral style.

The professor looked down at his daughters once again.

"You don't have to do this..."

Klaus let out a small cough in annoyance. Alaric glanced up at him then back down to the twins.

"But it would be helpful"

Jocie looked over at Lizzy, who had clearly made her mind up.

"Okay", she mumbled.

Hope smiled at her friends and stood up. She walked over to one of the tallish cupboard's and brought down some black candles. Opening an old draw, she grabbed some sage and matches, then she turned to face her family and friends.

"I'll get Freya"

× × × ×

"Kol has...sadly...", Freya said making the word sound as sarcastic as possible, "left New Orleans to plan his big day but, before he left, I asked him if I could have some of his dark objects"

The witch walked over to the salt circle Hope had just finished drawing and placed some of the black candles in certain areas. She lit one of the matches and burned three different bundles of sage, placing them in a triangle surrounding the salt circle.

"Of course he said no but I broke into his chamber and took them anyway"

The twins let out laughs along with Hope. Freya looked up and smiled before walking over and guiding the sisters over to the edge of the circle. Hope joined them, standing in between Lizzy and Jocie. Then, with Freya stood next to Lizzy and Vincent stood next to Jocie, they all connected hands and began chanting.

Almost instantly the wind began to howl and the lights began to flicker. Klaus walked down the stairs with Elijah. He had managed to convince his brother to come down because they planned to have a meal.

The hybrid dragged Elijah over placing him just before the circle. As he let go, his brother fell to the ground, shouting in pain.

"Any day now!", Klaus shouted as his brother started to pass out.

The five witches chanted louder and louder creating more and more wind, when all of a sudden everything went quite. The wind stopped. The lights stopped flickering. Elijah stopped screaming.

Klaus knelt down by his brother and put a hand on his back.

"Elijah?", Klaus said cautiously.

Elijah looked up at Klaus and frowned, "My alter ego has disappointing fashion"

Klaus laughed and helped his brother up, grasping him into a hug.

"Welcome back brother"

× × × ×

Hi, don't really have anything to say 😂 I can't believe S5 is going to be the finale, sad times. Did you like the chapter? Or nah?

- M