Soul Eater

Sebastian looked around the ballroom. The ladies were gossiping and giggling. The older ones were looking at the help with disgust. The men,both young and old, were looking as bored as could be.

"It is customary for the male to request a dance, but I prefer to break the rules. May I have this dance?" a beautiful young blonde asked, with the male's bow. Her corset hugged her curves perfectly. She had full, pink lips, flawless skin and the brightest green eyes he had ever seen. Too bad, soon enough, there would be no light, only a dark abyss.

"You may," twists and turns,dips and hops, this girl knew how to move,and gracefully at that.

"You are quite the dancer, my lady."

"As are you."

"Your name?"

"Elizabeth Allright."

"Nathaniel Allright's sister?"

"You knew my brother?"

"Very well."

"How?"

"This is perhaps not the best place. Maybe the terrace?"

"Okay," he led her through the door, out unto the secluded terrace. It was far enough away that no one would bother them, or hear her scream.

"How did you know my brother?"

"He was an old friend. He brought me my meals and then one day decided he was not cut out for the job. Thought people shouldn't lose their lives for the sake of my hunger. Afraid he would tell my secret, I killed him."

"That is a sick joke," she started to back away, gathering her skirts, getting ready to run. This excited him; the fear in her eyes, the sweat on her brow. Oh this was going to be fun.

"What joke? I am only telling the truth."

"Get away from me!"

"But why? You were the one special enough to become my dinner. Why do run from me so, my sweet?"

"Do not call me that!"

"What would you prefer? My love? My dear? Oh I know! How about Lizzy Bear?"

"Only my brother calls me that!"

"I devoured your brother's soul, so technically, I am your brother," Sebastian gave a humorless laugh, then advanced.

"Stay back ,you,you.......monster!"

"Monster? Such cruel words from such a pretty mouth," he grabbed her and swiftly pinned her to the railing. His eyes flashed with great excitement.

"What are you?"

"A soul eater."

"Who are you?"

"Well aren't you full of questions?"

"What are you going to do with me?"

"I'm a soul eater darling. What do you think I am going to do?"

"I'll scream."

"There won't be any time," Sebastian's eyes started to glow a bright red, as if a light had been turned on. It was just a small change but it seemed to change his whole appearance. His already jet black hair seemed to get a little darker. His porcelain skin seemed to get a little paler. Although already over six feet tall, he seemed to get a little taller. His muscular, but lean frame seemed to get a little bigger. Most frightening, his beautiful face grew more and more menacing as the moments passed. It became tainted by the evil that pulsed within him.

"Tell me, how does it feel to have your life flashing before your eyes? Poor thing, yours must be so brief. Pity," he looked deep into her eyes. There is a reason they say the eyes are the windows to the soul. With one look he could see it all. Her soul, a misty white cat chasing a ball of yarn. Mischievous innocence, an acquired taste , but not at all unpleasant.

"Any last words?" Even with her obvious fear, she still manage to pull of a brave face and insult.

"So cliche," he couldn't help but to chuckle. Keeping eye contact he barely opened his mouth, under his control, so did she. Sebastian breathed in. The white mist from her soul traveled from her mouth to his, until her eyes were void of all life. He released her, her body dropping slowly to the floor. Blank eyes stared past him, into nothingness.

"You wanted to know my name," he said, looking down at the corpse  " it's Sebastian Malisius."