57

Michael and Laura got on the school bus together after school on Friday. It was a long week for both of them.

Things were still going well for them, Laura thought after she told Michael about Anthony things would be weird. But they weren't, Michael was still so perfect.

The rest of their friends got on the bus after them, but as the group all talked with each other, Michael and Laura just sat with each other, holding hands.

It was really hard for Laura to grasp the fact that her and Michael really loved each other so much. She was so in love with him, it made her so happy. It's all she could think about lately.

As the bus was about to move, Ashton reaches over Michael's chair to tap him on the shoulder.

Michael turns, looking up at Ashton, "What's up?"

"What are you two up to tonight?" Ashton asks.

Lately, Ashton has felt left out from the group, since Jada and Luke are always together, and Michael and Laura are always together. He has Chloe and Calum, but a lot of time they prefer to not hang out, or Chloe is with Michael and Laura. Ashton would never tell any of them, though he knew that Michael was picking up on it.

"Uh, not much. I think Laura and I, and maybe Chloe, are just going to watch That 70s Show or Arrested Development all night. You're welcome to join us." Michael tells him.

"Oh, I wouldn't want to intrude." Ashton smiles, leaning back in his chair.

Laura frowns before turning to look back at Ashton, "Ashton, come on, you aren't intruding. Please, come hang out with us."

He sighs, "Are you sure?"

Laura smiles, "Obviously, we wouldn't invite you if we didn't want to hang out with you. Just come over to Michael's, okay?"

Ashton nods, giving her a small smile, "Okay, yeah, awesome."

//

Laura was sitting on Michael's lap as they waited for Ashton, and possibly Chloe, to show up.

"I feel like you've already noticed, but Ashton has been a little off lately. I'm sorry if you're upset I invited him tonight." Michael says to Laura, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"No, I'm not upset at all! He's been a lot more tolerable recently. Now that most of the group has paired off he's stuck, and I'd never want him to feel that way. I feel like I took you from your friends anyways." Laura tells him.

"Laur, you didn't take me from them, don't say that. Yeah, Calum's been talking to some girl and there's couples in the group but it'll never tear us apart." Michael replies, kissing her cheek.

There's a knock at the door before somebody lets themselves in, and Chloe enters the room with them.

"Hey. I figured Ashton wouldn't want to be a third wheel, so I'm here." Chloe says, sitting herself down at the other end of the couch.

"Hey, Laura and I aren't that bad! We try not to make you guys feel that way." Michael tells her.

"I know, you guys aren't bad. I just feel like he'd need somebody else." Chloe replies.

Moments later Ashton enters, smiling at his friends.

"Alright, so are we watching That 70s Show or Arrested Development?" Michael asks.

Once they agree on Arrested Development and everybody is comfortable, Ashton couldn't help but smile at his friends.

He was glad they still wanted to hang out with him. All he could think about recently was how far he'll be from them all at the end of summer. All he wants to do is spend time with them before their time is up.

_________

sorry this wasn't that good but if any of you care after four years of writing on this site I'm pretty sure I'll finally be posting a Calum fic soon????

(also I highly recommend that 70s show and arrested development I love them both so much I almost passed tf out when they announced another season of arrested development)