Chapter 5

~Lynn POV~

Mondays. The very vain of my existence. This one is going to be even worse because now I get to keep an eye out for creepy vampire dude who was lurking around Aria while she was on her date. Oh yeah, she also get's to deal with her awkward thing with Jace so today should be equally as fun for the both of us. 

Woo.

Walking down the steps while reading my new book I narrowly missed the cat Rayne brought over that just loves to lay on the stairs where you cant see him. After rubbing the cat's back with my toes I continued down the stairs using my thumb as a bookmark until I was able to find something to take it's place.

 I leaned against the counter in the kitchen and read my book while sipping some delicious coffee and was totally content until Aria  yelled a "shit!" from the other room. I guess she found the cat's hiding place too.

"God why is that cat still here?" she asked grumpily while stumbling into the kitchen.

I shrugged, "Rayne's fault. Complain to him, not me" then glanced at the clock and realized we were actually early for once. This isn't starting off too bad.

"Come on, he's your...thing. What exactly are you two again?" she asked, hinting towards what she kept calling our dysfunctional relationship. Bitch.

"We're not going over this again, Aria. I've already told you what we are" I replied while grabbing my bag from the kitchen chair and headed towards the thresh hold. 

"Right, friends with benefits. With no feelings or strings attached" she stated sarcastically.

With a roll of my eyes I opened the front door and relaxed against it while I waited for Aria, "Yes, Aria. Is there a point to this?"

She threw her hands into the air, "Yes! Why cant you see it? Come on Lynn, I know you think you're emotionally unavailable-" 

"Because I am" I interrupted

She ignored me, "But, you guys care for each other. Rayne's totally head over heels for you but doesn't say anything because that means risking ending what you guys currently have and he'd rather have that than nothing but you cant tell me you honestly feel nothing towards him" she prodded.

I sighed, "nothing's changed, Aria. Of course I feel something, those kinds of feelings don't just disappear but I have to push them away because he hasn't changed. If we got into a relationship things would turn out the same and I would just get hurt again so just leave it alone." I told her and walked out to the car, officially done with this conversation.

We arrived at school right as the first bell rang, our conversation hadn't set us back too far time wise. I seemed to have arrived too early though because as soon as I got to my locker, Rayne walked out of the teachers lounge that was right across the hall. Perfect. 

I shut my locker door, maybe a little too hard, and headed towards my first hour, ignoring the fact that Rayne was walking right next to me. 

His arm discretely brushed against mine, causing a spark to shoot through my arm and me to suppress a gasp from the contact. I made sure to put a bit of distance between our figures before speaking to him, "Mr.Blackwood, thinking about taking your cat back anytime soon? He keeps trying to trip me and Aria" I said, distracting myself from the obvious sexual tension.

A deep chuckle escaped him before he said, "If that's an invitation then I'll be there, Mrs.Greyson. However, I believe you might get a lunchtime detention today for talking back to your sexy teacher." he stated flirtatiously.

I let out a sigh, "Rayne" I groaned quietly. He can't keep doing this, people are going to start to notice that somethings up. There are already rumors from the little freshies who are obsessed with him that apparently I came on to him in biology. I'm not even fucking taking biology.