CH.6 ROUGH SEA

CH.6 ROUGH SEA

          I repeated the same steps of the night before, this time an old man talked to me. The young girl had explained to him earlier that day, so I had much more time to explore the west side of the marina. It had begun storming, the waves soared over my head and crashed down upon me. I thrashed in the water, fighting for the surface but the waves forced me down deep. I was pummeled by waves over and over. Just as the lights began to fade, familiar glowing fingers wrapped around my wrist and pulled me up. I sucked in a lungful of air while he demanded,” What are you doing here?” A wave crashed over me filling my mouth with salty water. He held me to him, so we could float to shore. “Looking for you, I’m going to raise you from the dead.” I could barely force it through my chattering teeth. “I’ve heard that part, why?” “I can’t live without you.” It was true, so true hurt to think about the other reason to run from Mere’s evil plot with.  

          We reached shore and I laid him on the sand. “Be very still, please amour.” I warned kissing his cheek. He smiled,” I promise.”  “La vie orbe.” I placed the blue-white orb right over his heart. He faded until he was almost invisible. “Espirt orb,” I then placed the purple-red ball of light over his heart. The glowing stopped and his color returned, then I pinched his nose and breathed in his mouth. I pumped my hands over his heart. I repeated this till I heard him gasp loudly. I waited till his breathing regained a normal pace, then I kissed his mouth happily. “Oh are you alright?” I asked blushing. “Yes, now I know that something is wrong I felt it went I died. What is it?” “Mere wants to eat my heart, literally.” “Your joking,” he stopped talking when shook my head. I showed him the birthmark and explained what Mere wanted to do, at the end he sat stony-faced. “What can I do to help you.” He asked. “Well we get Claire, Siren, Jack and run to Spain. Jack has a boat we can use.” “Jack? The traveling artist? Why are we bringing him?” he looked confused. “He is, um, your sister’s beau.” “What!” he shouted angrily. “Why are you so upset, he is your friend correct?” “Yes he is. Friends don’t court friend’s sisters. Did he kiss her?” “Well, no, but she kissed him.” He mumbled something under his breath.

          “How did she take my death? How did my father take it?” “She took it badly, Jack is the only that has made her happy since you died.” I answered. “Oh. How did my father take it?” he asked softly. “Worst, he killed himself over it.” I held him up because the shock made him fall. “Really? After everything he did to my sister and I, he can’t even survive without me.”  He laughed coldly. We approached the coven quietly, “Stay here wait if anything happens pretend to be a wizard to claim Claire.” I whispered quietly. “Okay,” I could see it pained him to promise this. I walked in the clearing we lived in, the entire coven was gathered there glaring at me. Mere stood hunched, shadowy, and boney, “Get her.”  People grabbed me and begun chaining me to the burning stake. Mere said, “You have been found guilty of being a traitor because you raised a dead human.” “How is that traitor worthy?” “We are pure, we don’t care if human-pigs die.” She crouched lower and her shoulder blades pooped out.

          “Tell the truth, it’s because I am a lune ange.” People gasped and murmured.   She smiled evilly and her black eyes were dead, “So you know. Yes it’s because of it.” With that she transformed into a scrawny black wolf with devil wings, horns and with four inch teeth and claws. “Prepare to die, half-pure.” She pounced towards me. “No!” screamed Jac swinging a branch directly into her head. “Foolish human,” She snarled batted him with a huge paw, sending him flying into a tree with sickening crack. “Time for you to die.” She said to him, who was sprawled beneath the tree. My knife was clutched in my hand tightly. I remembered what the book said about the powerful weapons. I imagined the blade lengthening and turning deadly; I sliced through the rope like it was butter. I looked at the normally short, dull blade was now a razor sharp sword.

          “You prepare to die.” I screamed, rushing towards her. I swung the blade which clipped her shoulder. “How figured out to used a moon blade have we?” she teased me. “Let’s see if you can block this.” She swung her paws claws unsheathed straight for my face. I raised my arm instinctively, not expecting the shield of moonlight to come from it. Strengthened, by this I attacked before she was ready. Slice, I severed her wing and she cut my leg deeply. The fight continued until she had the upper hand. I felt like giving up, and then I saw Krystale right beside me. Not physically, she looked like Jac before he was revived. “Don’t you give up, you promised you’d never give and you promised you’d take care of Claire. Don’t give up, you’re almost through do it like when we played tag when we were kids, you can do it.” She said guarding me. I ran in front of Mere letting her chase me, then I turned screaming, “This is for Krystale!” I swung fiercely, cutting her into two parts. There was an explosion of shadow and Mere was dead.

           Suddenly two ribbons of light round themselves around me, turning my hair silky, unknotting it, and turning my ragged dress into a beautiful ball gown, a crown of light on my head and wings on my back. I landed lithely, to see the people of the coven bowing to me. “All hail the Lune ange.” “Thank you,” I ran to Jac, cradling his head, “Guerir.” I ran a glowing hand over him, healing him. He opened his eyes and smiled, “Did you do it?” “Yes, she’s dead.” He kissed my hand and held it, “I know this is sudden, but would you marry me?” I kissed his forehead,”Of course, when?” He kissed my lips sweetly, “Right now.”

We stood on the same platform that Kry was found guilty on, hand in hand. Orleans just asked Jac if he would have me and only me as his wife for all eternality. He said yes, when she asked me if I wanted only him forever I said yes. She handed me a wide gold band and him a small ring. “You may exchange rings,” Orleans said gesturing we exchange them. I slipped the golden band on his third finger. He slipped a slim gold ring with a ruby on it around mine. “They were our parents’ rings, Oceane your mother asked my to give them to you.” Orleans said patting my shoulder. I felt like crying with happiness that my mother did this. “You may kiss your bride,” Orleans crowed. He leaned in so did I, he sweetly kissed my nose then my mouth. The coven showered us with their applause.  

We walked up the stone path to his house. “Did you do it, get stronger I mean.” He asked carefully me, taking my hands. “Yes, I got stronger because of you.” I answered. “I got stronger because of you, too. Before there was an ache that made me want more from life question why I was her.” I was deeply moved by the fact he was so in touched with his feelings. “Hey, we get a happy ending, yes?”  “Oh, yes we do.” We kissed in the moonlight.