Chapter 1: The Beginning of my Darkness

Dark.

        It was dark.

        I couldn't see anything.

        I was sitting against a wall. A concrete cell wall most likely. My wrists and ankles were chained down to the wall.

        I couldn't smell anything. It was quiet. Too quiet.

        I don't know how long I've been here. The last thing I remember was walking in the forest at dusk with my Exceed. I remember seeing her beautiful black and white fur. Then what.... That's right. We got attacked. Where is she? Was she ok? I can't believe I was so reckless. It's my fault this happened. If Remi got hurt, I don't know what I'd do.

        I could feel a scratch on my forehead and another on my leg. My jean shorts were ripped. I must have a blindfold on.

        I was hungry. And thirsty. But that was the least of my worries right now.

        I tried to move away from the wall. No luck. The chains must be nailed to the wall. I tried using my magic to get rid of the chains. I failed. The chains on my wrists and ankles seem to be made of very strong metal, and they were magic nullifying. They were on really tight. Any tighter and my blood circulation would be cut off.

        "Hello?" I called out. No one answered.

        "Is anyone there?" Again, no answer. That is, until the door suddenly opened.

        "Hello?"

        Then they suddenly spoke. I've heard that voice before. There was no mistake. I knew exactly who it was. The voice I feared the most...

        "Hello River...."

=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=
        Remi, River's Exceed, is in the media up above^