ble

drabble #4, to ate katie for her support and being one of my first friends here on wattpad :3

and then it was just gone. "damn," jack cursed as he was swooped out of the castle by an urgent wind. in the next second, he was in the north pole, santa and the other guardians standing in front of him. "what now?" he huffed, standing. they looked at each other, "jamie's in trouble."

as jack flew down to michigan, his mind drifted off again, onto elsa. he prayed to the moon she wasn't moping around. he hoped that despite his lack of presence, she would be in a more upbeat mood. maybe she'd be playing with her powers. he hoped she'd find olaf, he would cheer her up.

"olaf?" elsa whispered as she turned around. "what are you doing here?" olaf stared at her, before shaking his head. "you're going to follow jack, huh. I figured. i he was real? he was there? she had to see him. every inch of her exclaimed. she had to.

jack swooped into i room, seeing the boy in question huddled into himself. jack padded towards him, placing a hand on his back. "what's wrong, jamie?" he looked up, brown eyes glistening with tears. "jack, you're here! you're still here." jack pulled back, laughing. "i'll always be here."

jamie buried his head into jack's hoodie, mumbling, "they- they're saying you're not real. they say you're a figment of my imagination. it's not true, right?" jack sighed, realizing what the problem was now. he was growing up. the guardians had warned him about that. and now, it's here.

jack held jamie in his arms. jamie was like a brother to him. he could remember his sister in him. she was just as playful. like his sister, jamie looked up to him and he trusted him. the trust was an immensely important gift to jack. after years of being ignored, of not being in actual existence, he was glad that someone believed and trusted him. he was thankful for jamie. of jamie.

a breeze blew the window open, carrying the familiar scent of mint and chocolate. of snowberries. jack's head spun to the window. elsa was here? his heart thumped in excitement. he made a move to run out the window, until he remembered jamie. he sighed, he couldn't go to her yet. he had to comfort jamie. he knelt down, pulling away.

jamie sniffled, wiping a tear away. his face was downcast. "jamie, listen to me." he whispered. "I am not leaving you, ever, got that? I will always be here for you. as long as you continue to believe in me, I will be here for you. you can call me whenever, wherever for whatever. I will be there. got that, bud?"

jamie stared at him doubtfully. "but-but, they don't- they said you're not real."

"jamie, as long as you yourself believe I'm real, then you will never forget me. we will never lose each other. I will never leave you."

jamie sniffled one last time, bringing his head up. "okay."

"jamie, it's dinner time!" his mother called from downstairs.

"coming!" jamie turned back to jack with a trembling smile. "you'll always be here. as long as I believe you will always be here." he repeated jack's words.

jack smiled, "that's right. as long as you believe."

jamie gave jack one last hug before he ran down the stairs, his feet skipping over the steps. "as long as you believe," he murmured to himself as he turned to the window. the wind continued to blow elsa's soothing aroma his way, and he knew deep inside him that she was coming for him. again, he wondered if she believed.

"jack? jack?" he heard her voice flow with the wind.

his head straightened up as he jumped onto the windowsill and to the roof. "elsa?" he called back, before hopping onto the wind, letting it carry him towards elsa.

elsa stared in amazement at the glistening, ice ship she had conjured up. it faced east, in the direction she was being told to go. she was going to find this jack. she's never felt so determined before. everything inside her echoed the wind, "find jack. follow jack. believe in jack. head east."

elsa ran a hand through her hair. it was loose, for once. it felt different. she didn't mind. what she was doing was in a whole new category. she was, spontaneously, sailing to some foreign place for a stranger. no. not a stranger. jack. but wasn't that the same thing? no, something in her denied fiercely.

elsa stared into the sea, watching her reflection in the waves. she touched her hair, wondering why, our of everyone in the world, she was given this... curse. "it's not a curse," someone whispered. she turned in surprise. there was no one there. it was just the wind's unusually sweet caress.

jack hovered over her, surprised by her presence. she had followed him across the atlantic. she was calling him. but as he flew around her, waiting for her eyes to take him in, for her to realize that he was just like her, it occurred to him: she didn't truly believe. he just couldn't understand why.

olaf stared at jack and elsa on the deck of the boat. jack looked worried. elsa stared at him. it's like she didn't see him. "hi jack!" olaf hollered all of a sudden. the two whipped their head in his direction. elsa's brows furrowed, confused. "jack?" she mouthed. "jack! jack!" he's right there. 

elsa's eyes frantically looked all around her. but no. she still didn't see anyone. elsa spotted olaf still waving at something in front of her. all that was in front of her was thin air. then a thought: what if jack was there? she just couldn't see him. "jack?"

jack couldn't breathe. she knew he was there. she knew he existed. he flew to olaf and hugged the snowman, delight filling up his every bone. he flew back to elsa, standing right in front of her. "i'm here, elsa. right here." elsa's head whipped towards jack, surprise shining in her eyes.

jack knew elsa couldn't see him. but she felt him. she heard him. and that was good enough for him. "elsa, i'm right here." he cupped her chin, loving the way her eyes fluttered shut. she sighed, a small smile hovering over her lips. "are you really here?" just like jamie. he laughed. "yes, i am."