one

start.

"In with the new" I said pulling out a brand new needle, "and out with the old" I finished my sentence sentence throwing a used needle into the trash. Mason stared at me in disgust, "Don't you want to come home?" I laughed at his seemingly big brother act and ignored him. He angrily walked over to me and practically slapped the needle out of my hand "hey that costs mon-"

"What the fuck is wrong with you Zayn?" Mason said angrily, his fists clenched. I knew one wrong move or word would result in a fist fight. "Look at the example you're setting on Waliyah, on Safaa?! Do you even give a fuck about them?!" He shouted at me, his hands were now grasping on my flannel.

I stared at him in disbelief and let out a laugh.

"No offense big brother, but you should be the last person to talk about setting examples. So what? So what if I choose to shoot heroin, at least I'm not out in the streets murdering innocent families because they don't accept your blackmailing." I waited for a response but all I got back was a chuckle and a simple, "You know what, dad was right. You're not man enough to handle the business. I'll leave you to it. Go ahead and fuck up your life even more."

And with that, he walked out of my apartment.

My fists were clenched, anger rushed through my veins.

"FUCK!" I screamed out punching the wall in front of me. I looked down at my bleeding fist and cursed at myself. All I wanted was to get high.

And so I did.