Chapter 1

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping by my bedroom window. I sigh. I look at my clock. 8:02 am. I get out of bed. Less than an hour I had to be on set, filming for my music video with Demi Lovato. I blink and get ready.

"Ari!"

Mom.

"Yeahhhh?"

"Are you dressed yet? Someone's here to see you!" I groaned.

"Mom, you didn't have to ask that when the person's here!"

I could imagine her rolling her eyes.

"Sorry, Cameron's here!"

I froze.

Cameron.

My best friend who I've had a crush on for a while, but he probably never knew. I didn't have the guts to tell him, and he also has a girlfriend. I looked at myself in the mirror and I'm still in my onesie with pink unicorns all over it.

I honestly like to show my childish side a lot, especially to my fans, my family, and close friends. I strip out of it and throw on a pastel pink crop top shirt and a white mini skirt. I grab a pair of white high heels and a hairbrush. My ombré, loose curls bounce as I run downstairs, brushing my hair in the process. I put my heels down and smile.

"Hi," Cameron said.

"Hi." I look at him and my body feels like jelly. There was perfection right in front of my eyes, even when he was wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and a pair of flip flops.

"I look so stupid, sorry," I say looking at my feet.

"No, it's fine, you look great."

At that moment I blush, my cheeks getting hot. I look at mom, who is on her phone, texting her friend. She looks over at us and motions us to eat breakfast. Eggs and Italian bread, with a salad sat on the table for Cameron and I. I sat down quickly and scarfed down the food, eyeing the clock.

45 minutes until I have to be on set.

I look at Cameron, and he's done eating, finished half of his meal. I look down at mine.

Clean.

I immediately feel like pig, shoving my face into my food. I frown and I drink my water.

"I have to go, thanks for the breakfast, Mom." I go up to her and hug her. She grins. "Be safe, love you." I nod once and look at Cameron, who is already at the door, swinging the keys in his hand. "You're driving me to set?" "Yeah, why do you think I came?" I sense a taunting and teasing tone in his voice and roll my eyes. "Well gee, I thought you came to mooch, to just get breakfast and say hi, then leave,"

"Nope." He opens the passenger door and motions me to get in. I grinned, passing by him and sat. He shut the door and walked to the drivers side, and started the car. I looked at the time on my phone. I had 20 minutes to be on set and it took 10 minutes to get there. I look at Cameron.

"Thanks for offering to drive me, you didn't have to," I say.

"It's okay, I didn't have anything to do anyways today,"

"What about Melissa?" I ask, curiously. His girlfriend.

"Nah, we broke up,"

My eyes widened.

"Whaa-? When?"

"Last night. We were at Nash's party and this guy was flirting with her. I went to get us some drinks later in the party, and I found her making out with a guy in a different room." He said, the tone in his voice made him sound annoyed, shaky, and upset.

"Oh," was all I managed to get out of my mouth at that moment. We pulled up into a parking space and he put the car in park. He sighed and looks out the window. I stared at the glovebox.

"I'm sorry that happened, you don't deserve that."

He turned his head and looked at me. Unexpectedly, he put his hand on mine and squeezed it. He smiled sadly. "Thanks," he said. I froze and stared at our hands. I nodded slowly and he slipped his hand away from mine. We both got out of the car. Wind blew harshly and I squinted my eyes. I walked next to Cameron, who locked his car. He shoved his hands into his pockets and looked at me.

"When do you get off? I'll wait until you're done," he said.

"I get off at like 10 tonight, but I have a lunch break at 2:30-why? You don't have to wait for me," I said suspiciously but curiously. "Cam," I stopped, and he stopped walking too, looking at me.

"What's wrong? You're kind of acting funny. You seem tense."

I stepped closer to him and put a hand on his arm. He shrugged.

"It's not the breakup, trust me; but I'm tired and it's been rough lately. I don't know, Ari."

He looked at my hand, still on his arm. I looked and I quickly pulled my hand away, and looked at the door. "STAGE 14 ENTRANCE", it said. I then look back at him, and he's half smirking, half smiling. I manage to let out a giggle. "What?" I slap him playfully. He laughs and shrugs.

"Nothing," he says, "you look different,"

I chewed on the inside of my cheek.

"Is it, uh, bad?" I asked nervously. "I mean, I barely have any make up on, just mascara."

I grit my teeth. He laughs.

"You're crazy, I didn't say that, but you do look good," he smiles sheepishly. I let out a laugh that sounded panicky but filled with a little relief.

"Well anyways," I said continuing the last conversation, "are you really going to stay here for the whole entire day just sitting there watching me film a music video? I mean it seems kind of cool and lame at the same time, but still,"

"I'm fine, for the last time, I just want to see what my best friend does for living," he joked and nudged my arm. I laughed and clutched my purse. He opened the door and I walked in. People were there, some swarming an area of a group, setting the set up still. I looked around and motioned Cameron to follow me to my dressing room. I walked by people who said hi to me, and greeted me good morning. I smiled and I looked for the door that's says my name. I opened the door. I put my stuff down and sit on the couch and put my feet up. Cameron closed and locked the door behind him and sat in a chair in front of my makeup mirror. I took out my phone. I got on Instagram and managed to get a picture of Cameron when he wasn't looking and I laughed, getting a goofy look on my screen. He looked up from his phone, too.

"What?" he asks, curiously. I grinned.

"Nothing," I said with a little smirk. He lifted an eyebrow and walked over to me. I locked my phone and put it under my leg, stifling an evil giggle. He rolled his eyes and laughed. "Hand it over," he said.

"Ugh, fine," I said. I pulled my phone out from under my leg.

"You still have the pass code like I checked before?" "Yeah," I said. He unlocked it and rolled his eyes; a crazy picture before him.

"How much sneakier can you get?"

"So much enough to where you want to see it so badly; thirsty?" I replied with a laugh. He snorted, and handed me my phone back. I posted it onto my feed, adding another picture.

"My #wcw everyone. Yes, I consider him a woman. Luv him and he's my rock and my bæ. He's one of my best friends and he's always been there for me thru bad days and relationships. This thot😏 I love u Cam☺️💕 @cams_instagram ❤️❤️❤️" Cameron got a message. I also posted it onto Twitter, for everyone to see it. He looked and laughed.

"I wish it was Monday, you could be MY Man Crush Monday," he said smiling.

-

So I was going though my first several chapter omfg my writing sucks ass guys wtf why didn't you sAY ANYTHING MY WRITING IS TRAGIC AKSKDKSKDKSNBIM SCREAMING WTF IS WRONG WITH ME I NEED JESUS