chapter 9. Last of the speeches

Renesmee

I curled into Jacobs chest feeling my face glowing red. I didn't even look at Jacob to know his was the same too. I sighed in relief when Emmett finally sat down and grinned to us. Auntie Rose had punched his arm smiling. They kissed and I sat up again waiting for my grandad and father in law to talk.

Jacob

I held Renesmee close as I felt her blush against my skin. She was almost up to my temperature. I stroked her cheek and kissed it as she looked up at me slowly. "it's okay Renesmee." I reassured her. I should have gotten angry at Emmett for embarrassing her but he had only been joking and I for one take to jokes well, I don't like it when Renesmee feels uncomfortable though. I looked up at Emmett who was grinning at us, Blondie beside him smiling and punching his arm. I hoped charlie and my dad wouldn't say anything embarrassing.

Charlie

I sympathised for Renesmee seeing her blush so much. I still didn't know a lot about vampires but I knew what they wanted. It was all new to me still and Dr Cullen still kept telling me about them when I ask. I was glad my daughter had found Edward and I absolutely adore Renesmee. I didn't like how Emmett I think he is called, embarrassed my granddaughter.

I got ready to speak, standing up after having a few too many glasses, I wobbled a little but managed to stand okay. Sue came and stood with me. I wrapped an arm around her as she steadied me. "I would like to say a few words." I said. I do admit I was a little drunk but it was a wedding and no one else seemed to mind. I was a little worried I would say something I shouldn't say. I looked over at Jacob and Renesmee who had finally returned back to their normal skin tone. I cleared my throat and started. "I didn't know a lot about the supernatural world and honestly I still don't completely understand everything. Quite a lot to get my old head around actually. But if I didn't know about this world I would have never gotten to meet my beautiful granddaughter and be involved in her life. Renesmee I don't think you could have chosen a better person to marry than Jacob. I have known him since he was a little baby, I didn't however know what he was until the day he showed me but I know you are both so lucky to find each other and I know you will both be very happy together." I stopped with tears in my eyes. I held my glass up and all our friends and family did the same. I looked out the window and saw Edward and Carlisle coming up the steps of the castle and sat down waiting to hear what had happened with Bella.

Renesmee

I saw dad coming up the steps with my granddad behind him. I only had to wait a few minutes before they came through the door. Dad came up to me and hugged me. "I'm sorry I had to leave." he said. He looked quite sad and I was thinking the worse. I had promised Jacob I wouldn't cry but now I was sobbing. Dad took me in his arms. "your moms fine." he said. I looked up at him waiting for him to tell me everything. Granddad came over. "You have a little brother Renesmee." he said. I wanted to see mom so much but granddad had said before that I couldn't.

"it seems that your brother is acting much like a newborn vampire." granddad had told me. "so I am afraid you can't see her right now." I sat back next to Jacob who took me in his arms. "I am sorry Renesmee but it really isn"t safe for you to be here right now." granddad really did look sorry. He looked at dad for help. "you shouldn't be worrying about us anyway, it's your wedding day." dad smiled. I no longer felt the mood to party or celebrate. I wanted to go and see mom.

"I want to talk to mom." I said. My voice was a cross between anger and despair.dad sighed. "your mom is resting honey please just have enjoy your day." he went off to talk to Billy and Charlie.

Jake

I held Renesmee in my arms as she tried to stop herself crying. I didn't want to disturb Bella if she was sleeping so I said. "as soon as your mom wakes up I will get your dad to ring her okay?" Renesmee looked up at me with her big teary brown eyes. She smiled and nodded. I held her hand and nodded to my dad.

Billy.

I was the last to deliver my speech and after the commotion of Bellas birth i could tell everyone was getting restless and wanted to party. I stood up when Edward and Carlisle sat down with the rest of the Cullen's.

"I would like to say a few words to the newlyweds". I said. I saw Renesmee smiling at us blushing slightly at the word.

Jacob had his arm around her but his eyes were in mine. I almost burst into tears right then. He had been through some bad times in his life and now he looked so happy and content it was so nice to see. "I want to start by saying how happy I am Renesmee to welcome you to our side of the family.I know our families haven't always seen eye to eye but I hope now we can put our differences aside and live in peace and happiness".

I held my drink up and said."to Jacob and renesmee, may you have many happy years together." the eyes that were fixed on me repeated my words back and then clapped.

Renesmee

I was kinda relieved all the speeches were over now. I just really wanted to go home but Alice came bouncing over. "Renesmee come on I will show you the other room." she pulled my arm through to the room next door. It was decorated beautifully with fairy lights and balloons. There were tables on one side of the room decorated with ribbon and flowers. No one else had moved to this room yet so it was just me and Alice