Introduction

The year was 2004. Ethan Renalds moved in to a new neighborhood in a new town that he knew nothing about. Young Ethan hated the idea of having to start over in a completely different place, and constantly bothered his mother about it. "Mooooommmmmyyyy why can't we go back?" whined Ethan. "Because we live here now" said his mother in a soft voice.
     The neighbors saw the moving trucks and thought it would be polite to invite the new neighbors for dinner and so the Young family walked over and knocked on the Renalds' front door.
     Ethan rushed to open the front door before his mother could and stood there looking at his neighbors. Mrs.Young smiled looking at him,"Aren't you a handsome young lad" she said enthusiastically,"oh you and Grayson are going to get along so well, right Grayson?" She looked behind her and out came a shy boy named Grayson who waved at Ethan.
     Mrs.Renalds came by,"Who is it Ethan?" She said walking towards the door and smiled seeing Mrs.Young,"oh hello are you our neighbor?"
     "Yes we are! We wanted to invite you over for dinner to get to know you guys, we were good friends with the family living here before, we figured why not make new friends" she smiles and held her hand out for Mrs.Renalds to shake.
      "Yes of course we'll come for dinner, thank you for inviting us" she shakes her hand politely.
      Mrs.Young nodded and walked back to her home with Grayson to make the dinner for the respective guests that were to come.
     Dinner time was soon approaching and the Young family was excited and ready for the Renalds to come. They made a big welcoming feast for them, complete with their delicious roast beef, creamy mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a special chocolate mousse for desert. The Young family went all out and dressed nicely setting everything out perfectly to make sure to impress.
     The Renalds family were getting ready and decided to bring some macaroni and cheese for the Young family as well, they dressed nicely as well and we're prepared to make new friends.
     Upon arriving, Mrs.Young escorted them to the kitchen and had them sit to eat with the family. Dinner went as planned and they developed a friendship between eachother. Soon after, both children's mothers made them go play in Grayson's room.
     In Grayson's room, he and Ethan were both having a great time playing and Grayson did not feel the need to be shy around Ethan. Ethan was glad to have a friend so soon after moving to a different place, and Grayson was glad to have made a friend that lives so close by.
     Throughout the years their friendship grew stronger. They became inseparable, and we're even mistaken as brothers on many occasions.
     That is until the tragedy happened. The one thing nobody suspected.