PROLOGUE

Dylin sighs. He rereads the phrase over and over again. He couldn’t help but wonder how this piece of zilch had become an artwork. He is staring at it for almost an hour.

“Sir, we’re closing. Will you need more time?” The curator asked him.

“a little while, sir.” He answered without looking at the curator.

The curator noticed that he seems so interested about the painting, so he stand beside him and stare blankly at the wall.

“What’s with that painting?” The curator asked. Dylin turns his head and was surprised to see the curator beside him. The curator didn’t move. He didn’t even look at Dylin. Dylin clears his throat and stares at the painting again.

“Why is that part of the museum?” He asked the curator while pointing at the painting.

He badly wants to know what the story is behind that piece of nothing which he has been staring at since he arrived at the Museum.

“Why not? Many investors are interested of that painting.” The curator answered. Dylin looks at the curator with confusion. “Interested?” He repeated. A lot got interested with that rubbish?

“Oh yes, that’s part of an auction for the next month or two. I heard the one who has the highest for that is a foreigner.” The curator said. He looked at Dylin then moved away.

“How much?” Dylin asked while walking behind the curator. His eyes are still glued to the painting. The curator stopped walking that Dylin bumps into his back.

“P300,000.00.”

“P300,000.00?!” Dylin repeated. That expensive?! He thought. For a simple piece of cloth, P300,000.00 is really a lot of money. The curator did not answer. He walks toward the Exit.

“Sir. I really got to close.” The curator said to Dylin. “Perhaps you can come back tomorrow and I can tell you more about it.” Then he smiles. Dylin follows the curator as he shut the door close behind them.