|Thirteen|

It was just after noon the next day, when the dry heat of the sun was baking my skin, by the time Vivian and I dragged our feet through the door of her bungalow. 

"Night," I grumble as I stumble into my room, throwing my overnight bag on the floor, before falling onto my bed. I groan at the spinning of my head as I'm fitfully dragged into the darkness of sleep.

It's not long enough later when I'm awoken by a knock at my bedroom door. I grunt disapproving in reply as I turn over in my comfy bed. Why can't people just leave me alone?

"That's no way to greet your man," Owen chuckles from the doorway. If I wasn't so hungover I know I'd be blushing and hiding from him- instead I just pull the covers over my head a little more, "Ah, ah, ah" he tuts as he pulls the duvet off me in attempt to get me up. I just make myself into a smaller ball on my bed as he sighs above me and lies down on the bed with me, encasing his large form around mine with my back against his chest. Lightly his kisses my tatty hair as I wriggle around in his hold so that I'm facing his mesmerising eyes.

He smiles at me before brushing his lips gently against mine, "Come on princess," he whispers into my ear as he sits us both up, I'm more slouching into him with my head on his chest rather than sitting up. It amazes me how he's so bright today after the amount he drank last night. 

"I'm tired," I whisper as my heavy eyelids droop shut. Owens hands come up to cup my cheeks and let his thumbs run gently over them.

"No," I can hear him smile, "You're hung over!" he pecks my nose and gives my cheeks a gentle pat to get me to open my groggy eyes, "We've got somewhere to be so you better get your ass outta bed English, before I drag it out." he chuckles when he hears my groan of protest; he wriggles his eyebrows. 

"Tomorrow," I sigh as I slouch my shoulders even more and pout my lips like a four year old

"Nope." he pops the p, leaning down and brushing his lips against mine. 

"Fúck you!" I whisper bravely.

"I'd fúck me too," he kisses me softly before smirking at my blush. 

I blush deeply at his quick reply before I eventually pull out of his hold and wander over to my small chest of draws; pulling out a washed out denim skirt and loose white t-shirt. 

Owen grumbles from my bed to himself, as I look over my shoulder at his toned body, that almost swamps the small bedroom as I stare at him with a shy smile

"I'm going for a shower," I announce quietly as I begin heading out

"Don't!" he shouts; I spin around at his voice, shock plastered across my innocent face. He clears his voice nervously, "Just get changed and I'll explain when we get there" he says weirdly. 

I raise my eyebrow at him, "But I stink?"

"Exactly" he smirks. 

***

After jumping into the jeep Owen had driven over in;  with my sunglasses covering my stinging eyes and throbbing head, I had managed to settle down for a nap in the bumpy journey- I don't do well with alcohol. Never again am I touching the stuff. The forty minuet journey was just long enough for the paracetamol I'd downed before leaving the house to begin working, mainly the predominant head banging to subside a little. 

Owens large hand gently shook my shoulder as he climbed out of his side of the high jeep and trot over to my door. Opening it, he gently takes my small hand in his and helps me out and smiles mischievously down at me. A blush creeps onto my pale cheeks at his intense stare. I'm grateful for the small, warm, breeze that tickles the back of my bare neck- my locks of hair up in a messy pony tail- whilst I step past Owen towards the building behind him; suddenly wishing that I'd remained in the jeep as a gasp leaves my cracked lips. I go to turn around but Owen quickly has me pinned to his chest as he assures me it's safe and that he's not going to leave my side. Gulping nervously, I allow him to lead me towards the large, grey structure that has high security surrounding it as well as metal stairs, that Owen leads me up, so that we can stand on a walkway above. 

Taking a deep breath I look around the dense enclosure and don't pay attention to the many workers who greet Owen as he leads me over the clear space in the centre- our feet clanging loudly on the high walkway. 

"Remember," He whispers into my ear, never removing his hand from mine as he brings us to a halt and pushes his broad chest against my back, his arms encasing me in a hug, "You're up here and they're down there," he kisses my temple. 

"That doesn't mean anything-" My small voice dies as I see the rustling of the bushes and a young, blue scaled raptor with a stripe down her spine, emerges and stares up at us. Her clawed feet digging into the earth beneath as she stalks forward, letting out a scream to show the rows of razor teeth. I lean back into Owen causing her to scream again and run closer to us. 

My head snaps to the surrounding shrubbery as three more raptors emerge, all stalking forwards and glaring up at us as they try to heard us from below. The young raptors chirping and clicking at each other as they crouch down and circle around our feet never taking their eyes off us- off me. 

"This morning the girls we're acting crazy," Owen breathes against my neck causing my brain to momentarily forget about the hunting raptors below, "wouldn't eat," he places a kiss against my neck; causing the raptors below to scream up at us, "wouldn't listen," he places another kiss just below my ear, "and didn't want to know me in the holding pen," he nibbles at my earlobe making both myself and the ancient beings below to go crazy- different reasoning's.

"You, Zoe," he caresses my ear with his plump lips, the internal battle inside me of fear and lust sparking pleasure blazing within me- the workers  watching us completely forgotten about "are upsetting my ladies." he chuckles as he kisses my cheek with a lingering kiss before startling me by shouting down at the girl's, "Hey! knock it off!" 

The young raptors, probably about my waist height, all glared up at us. Their patterned scales allowing the hot sunlight to dance across them as they shuffle beneath us at Owen's shouting. Reaching down beside us, Owen grabs a rat for all of them from the tin bucket and throws it to them with some praise and a click of his clicker- that he previously had in his pocket. 

"We're putting them in the holders," he smirks down at me as he begins leading me back along the walkway- nerves seeming to settle a little at the fact that I'm not dangling above the carnivores any longer

"You're gonna go say hi," He chuckles at the blood draining from my face, "I think they're jealous I have another lady in my life." 

What is it with people wanting me to go say 'Hi' recently? I never agreed to any of this!

My breath seemed to get caught in my throat and my hand holding Owens became impossibly tight as the wild animals were herded and restrained. A few minuets later, when Owen left me in on the side-lines a good distance away with Barry as I watched him cautiously interact with the young raptors; still gaining their trust. 

What seemed like an eternity later, but still wasn't long enough, Owen swaggers back over to Barry and I and takes me in his built arms to kiss my forehead, "Come on princess, your ladies in waiting, are awaiting." he jokes as he guides me with a hand on the base of my spine towards the other girls in his life. 

Every time he has suggested coming to see them I always find an excuse of some sort because I'm petrified. Petrified that they'll eat me or I get to see how many teeth will possibly one day sink into Owen's flesh when he gets too cocky. I don't know which scares me more- probably the latter. 

Owens soothing hand on my back gently nudges me towards the four raptors that gaze at me with their calculating eyes; watching my movements and Owens as we interact with each other. I see Blue take a deep breath as I shuffle forwards, closer to Echo than the Beta of the group, before she screams loudly. I jump back into Owens laughing form as he reassures both myself and the angry looking Blue. The others chuff and rattle in their harnesses as they watch us. Wetting my lip nervously I let Owen trail his and across the skin on my bare arms, the thin hairs standing to attention at his touch, and let him gently take my shaking hand in his; a reassuring kiss placed on my temple causing all the raptor to chuff or squeal before Owen slowlyplaces my hand on Blues head. 

Her skin was cooler than I thought it would be, as well as being smooth, almost like silk, as she breathes heavily beneath my tiny hand on her small head, Owens hand resting atop of mine as he guides my hand in a gentle stroking motion across her head and neck. 

"Beautiful" I whisper as I looking into the deathly eyes of the beast before me.